Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Forum: Europe June 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Why can't I make reservation on trenitalia?

trenitalia.com has got to be one of the worst websites ever created.
I guess that they just aren't in the business of making money. I have
logged in first and repeated the scenario above countless...
Forum: Europe June 15th, 2008, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Why can't I make reservation on trenitalia?

Because trenitalia doesn't accept reservations more than two months in
advance, I waited until today to surf to the trenitalia website and
tried to make a reservation for the Venezia-Firenze train...
Forum: Europe May 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Midsummer Fireworks paris 2008

On May 21, 10:32*am, Gregory Morrow
wrote:
Runge11 wrote:
Never heard of that, 14th july yes but june ???

How about July 4th? *It's US Independence Day, you...
Forum: Europe May 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Water buses in Venice

On May 7, 12:52*am, "JohnT" wrote:
"oceanchelle" wrote in message

Forum: Europe May 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
cell phone in Europe?

Has anyone tried the Mobal world phone? If so, do you have anything
positive or negative to say about the product? If not, do you have
suggestions about better cost-effective ways to use cell...
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
London theatre, Italian opera

Is there a website for buying tickets for London theatrical
performances such as "The Lord of the Rings" or "Wicked" at economical
prices? Or is there a website that anyone can recommend that...
Forum: Europe April 11th, 2008, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Pompeii and Herculaneum

I am planning to travel down to Pompeii and Herculaneum in August but
I cannot find information when I google about tickets and opening and
closing times. Are tickets not required to walk through...
Forum: Europe April 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Do museum passes provide multiple entrances to the same museum?

I anticipate possibly buying museum passes in London, Paris and Rome.
The Museum Pass in Paris, for example, is 45 Euro for a 4-day pass.
Does this mean that I can use the pass for a museum multiple...
Forum: Europe April 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
dropping off at the Leaning Tower of Pisa :)

Thanks for the great info about train travel from Florence to Pisa.
It is intended to just be a stop on our way from Florence to Venice to
save us a daytrip. However, the Leaning Tower, as I...
Forum: Europe April 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
What is the best website for train travel in Italy?

I surfed to http://www.raileurope.com and when I enter Florence, Italy
and Pisa, Italy as the source and destination, raileurope.com claims
that they are "unrecognized". I've tried it multiple...
Forum: Europe March 25th, 2008, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Paris Metro zones, RER and the Visite pass

On Mar 21, 7:05 pm, " wrote:
On Mar 21, 9:37 am, wrote: Suppose I buy a 5-day Paris Visite pass for zones 1-3 for 27.50 Euro.
During...
Forum: Europe March 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Paris Metro zones, RER and the Visite pass

Suppose I buy a 5-day Paris Visite pass for zones 1-3 for 27.50 Euro.
During our five days in Paris, suppose I then decide that I want to go
to Versailles via the RER B Line. RER trains are covered...
Forum: Europe March 19th, 2008, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
London Pubs, Paris Cafes

I know that almost any neighborhood pub in Kensington or Chelsea will
probably be cool and perhaps so will any cafe in the Latin Quarter but
are there pubs and cafes that can't be missed? Are there...
Forum: Europe March 6th, 2008, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
best way to get from Heathrow to London?

We'll be arriving in Heathrow during the noon hour? What is the best
way to get from the airport into London? Does the tube go that far or
is there some other train that must be taken? Many...
Forum: Europe February 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Advice sought about airline faires

On Feb 21, 1:43*pm, erilar wrote:
I wonder what an airline faire would be like. *Where would they hold it? *
In a gathering of tents, each staffed by people selling...
Forum: Air travel February 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air

On Feb 21, 1:43*pm, erilar wrote:
I wonder what an airline faire would be like. *Where would they hold it? *
In a gathering of tents, each staffed by people selling...
Forum: Air travel February 20th, 2008, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Advice sought about airline faires

Just a week ago, my girlfriend found a flight from LA to Rome in late
July/early August for under $700. Just a week before that, I found
flights from LA to Rome at the same time for about $725. I...
Forum: Europe February 20th, 2008, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Advice sought about airline faires

Just a week ago, my girlfriend found a flight from LA to Rome in late
July/early August for under $700. Just a week before that, I found
flights from LA to Rome at the same time for about $725. I...
Forum: Europe February 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
220-volt adapter questions

I've never used a 220-volt/110-volt adapter so please forgive the
naive question but do I need more than one adapter when traveling with
two other people in Europe? They will likely each have their...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19