Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Spencer
Forum: Europe May 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Spencer
European train bookings

Thanks to all who replied. Your advice is appreciated.
Spencer
Forum: Europe May 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Spencer
European train bookings

Hi
I will be visiting Europe in September and travelling by train on
weekdays, using a first class Eurail Pass, between Munich and Koblenz
(9.23am departure) and Koblenz and Paris (9.16am...
Forum: Asia May 9th, 2010, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Spencer
Two days in Tokyo. Advice please!

Hi
Many thanks for the comment re my Tokyo visit. You have been most helpful.
Cheers
Spencer
Forum: Asia May 7th, 2010, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Spencer
Two days in Tokyo. Advice please!

Hi, I am an elderly, but mobile person who will be returning to Tokyo
for two full days in September and would appreciate comments and advice
on my proposed sightseeing. My hotel is in the Shinjuku...
Forum: Asia January 3rd, 2010, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Spencer
Locating a restaurant in Shinjuku

Steve Cain wrote:
"Spencer" wrote in message

Maurice ON4BAM wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:58:06 +1300, Spencer...
Forum: Asia January 3rd, 2010, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Spencer
Locating a restaurant in Shinjuku

Maurice ON4BAM wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:58:06 +1300, Spencer wrote:

On a previous visit to Tokyo I ate at a Tengu restaurant in East
Shinjuku. It had excellent...
Forum: Asia January 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Spencer
Locating a restaurant in Shinjuku

On a previous visit to Tokyo I ate at a Tengu restaurant in East
Shinjuku. It had excellent food at a good price and I would like to eat
there again during a forthcoming visit. However I am having...
Forum: Asia October 6th, 2009, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Spencer
Shinjuku map

Thanks, they will certainly be helpful
Spencer
Forum: Asia October 5th, 2009, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Spencer
Shinjuku map

I have just spent considerable time, without success, (on a very wet
afternoon) trying to find a map of the Shinjuku district of Tokyo that
shows stret names in English.
If anyone can point me to...
Forum: Europe July 29th, 2009, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Spencer
Landsberg am Lech

I hope to have four days in Munich in September and would appreciate any
comment about in including a day trip to Landsberg in my itinerary. My
DK guide book describes it as "Straight out of a...
Forum: Europe July 7th, 2009, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Spencer
Chateau de Pierrefond, France

I will be visiting Paris in September and would like to include a trip
to the Chateau de Pierrefond. I am elderly and do not wish to drive. I
have established that the chateau is near Compiegne,...
Forum: Europe April 20th, 2009, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 49
Posted By Spencer
Eurostar to Paris

Hatunen wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:06:32 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

Mark Brader" wrote in message...
Forum: Europe April 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 49
Posted By Spencer
Eurostar to Paris

Hi
I plan to travel from London to Paris on a Sunday in September. I will
arrive in London, ex Oxford, about 11am and see there are Eurostar
trains at 12.02, 12.29 and 13.00. I wonder if is...
Forum: Europe August 10th, 2008, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Spencer
Paris RER line C ??

JuanElorza wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:42:57 +1200, Spencer wrote :

Hi
I am planning a day trip from my hotel in the Latin quarterof Paris to
the Versailles Chateau. The nearest...
Forum: Europe August 10th, 2008, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Spencer
Paris RER line C ??

Hi
I am planning a day trip from my hotel in the Latin quarterof Paris to
the Versailles Chateau. The nearest Metro to the hotel is Maubert
Mutualite, and St Michel Notre Dame is an easy walk. The...
Forum: Europe July 16th, 2008, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By Spencer
An unexpected extra day in Munich

Hi
A change of plans, (caused by a tour company cancellation) during a
September visit to Munich has resulted in my having an extra day in
that city. During the other days I am there I plan to...
Forum: USA & Canada June 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
Posted By Spencer
Food & beverage on US flights

Hi
I am planning a trip to the US and have been browsing the Star Alliance
schedules. I note that all airlines state food and beverages are
available for purchase. Does this apply to premium class...
Forum: Europe June 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Spencer
St Pancras/Eurostar

Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible for arriving passengers from the
Eurostar to purchase duty free products at the new St Pancras station??
Akarans
Forum: Europe October 24th, 2007, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Spencer
Thanks for Munich ideas

Many thanks to all who responded to my enquiry as to what to do in
Munich. I now have lots of ideas and may even have to addd a day or two.
Thanks all.
Spencer
Forum: Europe October 23rd, 2007, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 44
Posted By Spencer
What to do in Munich

Hi. Next summer I will have a few days in Munich. I plan to visit the
Deutches museum, Residenz, Schloss Nymphenburg and Marienplatz. Should
still have a half day to spare. Any suggestions on what...
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2007, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Spencer
Advice request for LA

Hi
In September 2008 I will have a 48 hour stop over in Los Angeles and
would welcome advice on where to stay and what to do and see. I am an
elderly male, travelling alone and an OK walker. Your...
Forum: Asia October 4th, 2007, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Spencer
Phuket & Langkawi

Hi. I am considering using some airpoints for a trip to Phuket &
Langkawi. Can anyone please advise which is the best time of the year
for these locations. Is there a wet or typhoon season?
Also,...
Forum: Europe September 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Spencer
Landsberg am Lech in Bavaria

Hi Group
I am planning a trip that will include some time in Munich and wonder if
I should add an extra day to include a side trip to Landsberg. My
Eyewitness guide book rates it highly. I would...
Forum: Asia August 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Spencer
Changi airport taxi fare

Many thanks to all who replied to my request. Your comments are
appreciated and helpful
Cheers
Spencer
Forum: Asia August 9th, 2007, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Spencer
Changi airport taxi fare

Can someone please advise what the taxi fare would be from Changi
Airport to a Havelock Road hotel at 9 pm in the evening?
Thanks
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37