Showing results 1 to 25 of 134
Search took 3.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alfred Molon[_5_]
Forum: Asia September 11th, 2007, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.vietnamese
Replies: 4
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Vietnam photo gallery

In article , alf
says...

great fotos Alfred, if you only had 2 weeks which places would you go
in Vietnam ?

With four more days I would...
Forum: Asia September 10th, 2007, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.vietnamese
Replies: 4
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Vietnam photo gallery

In article yJ%Ei.663$282.229@trnddc01, culi says...
Thank you. You go there 10 day and post 700 photos like professhional photo
grapher. Some people go 2 month or 2 year and have nothing to...
Forum: Asia September 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.vietnamese
Replies: 4
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Vietnam photo gallery

http://www.molon.de/galleries/Vietnam/

700 photos of Vietnam taken last December, including Saigon, Tay Ninh,
Hoi An, Hue, My Son, Hanoi, Halong bay and more.

Comments as always welcome :-)
--...
Forum: Asia September 9th, 2007, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
thailand

In article , wokkel
says...
Hi folks.

Im going to thailand oct till nov. Can any1 tell me agerage tempretures @
this time? Will it rain...
Forum: Asia September 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Thailand: Ko Samui, Krabi, Phuket

In article ,
jygoo says...

1) Is it not possible to visit Ko Samui and either Krabi or Phuket in
4 days? Would we be wasting too much...
Forum: Asia September 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Vietnam + Cambodja in 4 weeks

In article , Maus says...

why, is it cold there in the winter? Thought that Hanoi is around 27C in
December. How much cooler ius it in the mountains...
Forum: Asia September 4th, 2007, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Vietnam + Cambodja in 4 weeks

In article , tile says...

alfred.. one question.
have you been to Iran and Uzbekistan ??
I am planning to go there next year.

Libya should be...
Forum: Asia September 4th, 2007, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Vietnam + Cambodja in 4 weeks

In article , Maus says...
Vietnam + Cambodja in 4 weeks, is it worth doing it?
Planning to Fly on Hanoi, and away from Phnom-Penh. Must see in Cambodje is
Forum: Asia September 2nd, 2007, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Questions about Vietnam Experience

In article , Walt Bilofsky
says...
Are the waters in Halong Bay very calm? Or do the junks rock about
all the time?

They were very calm when I was...
Forum: Asia September 1st, 2007, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Japan internal flights

How much does a one-way flight from Tokyo to Hiroshima cost?

Is the price of a return flight the double?

How much would be a flight from Tokyo to Sapporo?

Is it easy to book on short notice...
Forum: Asia September 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Questions about Vietnam Experience

In article , tile says...

alfred.. I did not like Pnohm pehn either.. but that is because I like
monuments.. there is not much in the town to...
Forum: Asia September 1st, 2007, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Questions about Vietnam Experience

In article , tile says...

you did not mention an excursion in Ha Long bay
I guess that was the best part of my trip
I took a 3days two nights on a...
Forum: Asia August 31st, 2007, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Questions about Vietnam Experience

In article ,
geno.y says...

P.S. Obviously Alfred & I have very different tastes. Phnom Penh is
one of my least favorite cities in all of...
Forum: Asia August 31st, 2007, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Questions about Vietnam Experience

In article , Alfred Molon
says...

Have things changed a lot? Is Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City worth
spending time in? Would we be comfortable on...
Forum: Asia August 31st, 2007, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Questions about Vietnam Experience

In article , Walt Bilofsky
says...

Have things changed a lot? Is Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City worth
spending time in? Would we be comfortable on our...
Forum: Asia August 31st, 2007, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 6
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Traveling destinations with Singapore as a base

In article , RAK says...

One of my favourites of recent years is Luang Prabang in Laos.

Are there direct flights between Singapore and LP, perhaps...
Forum: Asia August 29th, 2007, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Use of credit cards in Japan

In article , A Mate
says...
Cash is definitely King in Japan.

Are there enough Maestro/Cirrus ATMs where you can get cash?
--

Alfred...
Forum: Asia August 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia

In article , Jay
says...
Monsoon - me thought, weather is almost the same every day of the year
in Singapore - isn't it the same in...
Forum: Asia August 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Two days in Malaysia from Singapore?

In article , Jay
says...

I am planning to visit Singapore in November and want to go for a 2/3
day trip to Malaysia. I am looking for a...
Forum: Asia August 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Getting from Manlla to Vietnam

In article , hhasund says...
Hi,

I am planning a round trip to South East Asia this christmas, but I have not
yet found an airline the flies from Manila to...
Forum: Asia August 23rd, 2007, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 14
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Japan itinerary

In article ,
says...

My personal opinion is that the most interesting aspects of Japan are
the people, culture, and general atmosphere...
Forum: Asia August 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 14
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Japan itinerary

In article 2007082223102050073-somewhere@sunnycalif, Gerry says...

Precisely. The disadvantage is that you travel on a set itenerary with
no freedom of choice, no opportuniyt of finding the...
Forum: Asia August 23rd, 2007, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 14
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Japan itinerary

Ok, so this guided tour is not really feasible doing it on your own,
when travelling alone and using public transportation. It might then
make sense to take it, if the places mentioned are...
Forum: Asia August 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 14
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Japan itinerary

Regarding this itinerary I'd like your opinion:
http://www.asiaexplorers.com/tours/20071014_japan.htm

Oct 15: Osaka - Kyoto: Osaka Castle, Nara, Kyoto: Kiyomizu Temple, Hei-
An Shrine, Golden...
Forum: Asia August 21st, 2007, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_5_]
Tokyo highlights

In article ,
says...

I would recommend 5-7 days in Tokyo. How much time will you have
overall?

It's open, although 7 days is probably a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 134