Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe Makowiec
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2015, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Locating a picture

On 02 Oct 2015 in rec.travel.europe, David Pirmann wrote:

I inherited some pictures from my aunt and uncle. I'm trying to
give a location to some of them. They mad a trip to Europe in...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2015, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Locating a picture

I inherited some pictures from my aunt and uncle. I'm trying to give a
location to some of them. They mad a trip to Europe in the late 1960s,
and I'm trying to find where this picture was...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

On 13 Sep 2014 in rec.travel.europe, Alfred Molon wrote:

Here is a detailed report of our trip to northern Germany, Denmark and
the Netherlands in June this year (by car + plane from Munich):
Forum: Europe September 18th, 2013, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Vacation in an Italian way

On 17 Sep 2013 in rec.travel.europe, Erilar wrote:

We certainly seem to be getting a lot of these ads of late!

Observation suggests that about 95% of spam comes from Google Groups and
has a...
Forum: USA & Canada August 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Where to find historical weather averages?

On 05 Aug 2013 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Don Wiss wrote:

I have always found it hard to find historical weather on the web.
Most sites are geared to forecasting. What I'm looking for is
Forum: Europe January 29th, 2013, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Paris about 100 years ago

On 28 Jan 2013 in rec.travel.europe, Jack Campin wrote:

Probably the same process as used in these early photos of Saint
Petersburg:

http://www.gridenko.com/pg
Forum: USA & Canada July 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Makowiec
new york

On 13 Jul 2012 in rec.travel.usa-canada, ina wrote:

On the 27th of november i fly to new york for a week.I want to see
many things and i have already a list of things to see and doo.
Is there...
Forum: Europe June 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 140
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Best hotel booking portals?

On 10 Jun 2012 in rec.travel.europe, Alfred Molon wrote:

For our just completed trip to Poland and Czechia we essentially
booked everything through booking.com. Was ok, but for instance in
Forum: USA & Canada June 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Makowiec
'On-the-road restaurants in USA

On 06 Jun 2012 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Neville MADDEN wrote:

My wife and I are planning a three month driving tour in the US,
mainly in a big loop from Los Angeles to Seattle to Niagara to NY...
Forum: USA & Canada May 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Walking in Sequoia?

On 27 May 2012 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Terry Pinnell wrote:

What is the likely daytime temperature in the park please?
Presumably hikes of say 5-10 miles are possible on largely shady
Forum: Europe April 29th, 2012, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Hotel near Frankfurt Airport?

On 28 Apr 2012 in rec.travel.europe, Dwight wrote:

Does some one know a reasonable place fairly near the airport?

Thanks very much

Albatros:

http://www.albatroshotel.de/
Forum: USA & Canada November 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Makowiec
San Fran: Less Expensive Parking Near Moscone?

On 15 Nov 2011 in rec.travel.usa-canada, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

I'm planning a trip to San Francisco. I'm staying at a hotel five
or six blocks northwest of Moscone Center. The hotel wants...
Forum: Air travel October 23rd, 2011, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

On 22 Oct 2011 in rec.travel.air, Gunter Herrmann wrote:

In 1997/1998 I flew multiple times between MUC and TXL (both Germany)
and was forced to switch on the notebook. So that was long before...
Forum: USA & Canada October 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe Makowiec
House numbering on Pacific Coast Highway?

On 16 Oct 2011 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Terry Pinnell wrote:

BTW, this has me wondering how properties in any country end up
uniquely numbered when many of them on the same road/street are
Forum: Air travel October 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Prague or Monaco for a flying visit...

On 06 Oct 2011 in rec.travel.europe, ]v[etaphoid wrote:

b) Fly into Prague, spend two-three days there before another flight
into Rome where we could spend a bit more time seeing the sites of
Forum: Europe July 29th, 2011, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 117
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Getting lost while walking in Europe

On 29 Jul 2011 in rec.travel.europe, Bert Hyman wrote:

There's free software available (the names of which I don't have
available at the moment) that can then match the timestamps from the
Forum: Europe April 29th, 2011, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 80
Posted By Joe Makowiec
2nd security check?

On 29 Apr 2011 in rec.travel.europe, Erilar wrote:

In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security line again,...
Forum: Europe April 12th, 2011, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 151
Posted By Joe Makowiec
GPS unit recommendation?

On 12 Apr 2011 in rec.travel.europe, Erilar wrote:

Martin wrote:

"$0.99
Category: Entertainment
Updated: Dec 20, 2010
Current Version: 2.2
2.2 (iOS 4.0...
Forum: Europe January 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Joe Makowiec
National holidays in Germany?

On 07 Jan 2011 in rec.travel.europe, Giovanni Drogo wrote:

Both December 25 and 26 are holidays in Italy as well as in Germany.
However Christmas day is a church holiday (in catholic countries
Forum: Europe November 17th, 2010, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Hotel in Copenhagen

On 17 Nov 2010 in rec.travel.europe, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

In May next year, we will be ending up in Copenhagen after a 16 day
trans-Atlantic cruise and would like to spend a couple of days in
Forum: Europe October 7th, 2010, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 35
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Heathrow Terminals

On 07 Oct 2010 in rec.travel.europe, Erilar wrote:

Must be a Heathrow thing. I haven't had to go through security
elsewhere if I didn't stray into the wrong shopping area 8-)

We flew JFK (New...
Forum: USA & Canada July 15th, 2010, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Upper NY/VT state question please

On 15 Jul 2010 in rec.travel.usa-canada, - Bobb - wrote:

As for the ferry ride - doesn't matter to us. Just trying to
determine if the ride up and over and down ( thru point 8 on the
map) is...
Forum: USA & Canada July 14th, 2010, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Upper NY/VT state question please

On 14 Jul 2010 in rec.travel.usa-canada, - Bobb - wrote:

I'm planning a casual trip thru the Adirondacks to check out the
scenery and looking at 'what else to see' nearby. If you're familiar
Forum: Air travel June 16th, 2010, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 303
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

On 16 Jun 2010 in rec.travel.air, Hatunen wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:59:17 -0700, Floyd ""Ralph\"@
ralphs.com" wrote:

Is it hard to land when sitting in the captain's lap? Just...
Forum: USA & Canada May 19th, 2010, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Upstate NY input

On 19 May 2010 in rec.travel.usa-canada, - Bobb - wrote:

I've never spent a lot of time in NY state ( other than Niagara
Falls on my way to the west). I'd like to take a 7 ? day drive ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84