Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan Meyer
Forum: Cruises November 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Meyer
Punarenas, Costa Rica

wrote:
On 30 Oct, 07:47, Alan Meyer wrote:

Thank you seehorse and semi-retired.

Whoops! Please disregard my previous post.
Wrong country....
Forum: Cruises October 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Meyer
Punarenas, Costa Rica

Dory Samuels wrote:
Alan
My documents for my Nov 9th cruise on the Constellation don't say we are
going to Costa Rica. I think you meant a different Celebrity ship?

Dory

Yes. I made a...
Forum: Cruises October 30th, 2009, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Meyer
Punarenas, Costa Rica

Thank you seehorse and semi-retired.
Forum: Cruises October 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Meyer
Punarenas, Costa Rica

We'll be docking in Puntarenas, Costa Rica, on the Celebrity
Constellation, Nov. 10.

Does anyone have any recommendations for nearby places to visit,
tours to take, or things to do?

We'd love to...
Forum: Cruises October 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan Meyer
Brimstone Hill Fortress, St. Kitts

Don Wiss wrote:
I have been there. You can see my pictures in this album:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/St-Kitts-2000/

Good photos Don.

Thanks.
Forum: Cruises October 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan Meyer
Brimstone Hill Fortress, St. Kitts

Alan Meyer wrote:
We'll be visiting St. Kitts on a cruise ship in December and were
thinking of visiting the Brimstone Hill Fortress.

Our latest plan now is to skip Brimstone and hike the...
Forum: Cruises October 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan Meyer
Brimstone Hill Fortress, St. Kitts

Sue Mullen wrote:
I am waiting to find out if the doctor will let Kevin go on our Jan.
cruise or not? I am prepared for a "no", but if he can't go, I think
Kevin will be very...
Forum: Cruises October 13th, 2009, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

Alan Meyer wrote:
We'll be visiting St. Kitts on a cruise ship in December ...

Thank you very much Tom, Charles and Sue for your info. It
sounds like Brimstone is an okay place but nothing to...
Forum: Cruises October 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan Meyer
Brimstone Hill Fortress, St. Kitts

We'll be visiting St. Kitts on a cruise ship in December and were
thinking of visiting the Brimstone Hill Fortress.

Has anyone been there? Is it an interesting place?

We're thinking about getting...
Forum: Cruises October 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By Alan Meyer
Hey Oldtimers, what got you started cruising?

My wife's parents had taken many cruises and loved them and
always told us how great they were. But we blew them off. How
could it be fun to stay in a tiny room on a ship and sail around
with a...
Forum: Cruises August 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,alt.politics.radical-left,alt.politics.usa,alt.society.liberalism,soc.men
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Meyer
Egalitarian intellectual asks that you examine antiquated lawsand silly taboos

David wrote:

However, I think that any time there is a likelihood of minors
being victimized in any way, it is society's duty to PREVENT that.
Thus, if the incest wasn't being...
Forum: Cruises August 17th, 2009, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 32
Posted By Alan Meyer
Cruise or not

Most of our cruising experience is on Celebrity and RCCL. As far as I
can tell, service is still very, very good.

It is my impression that almost all of the service staff come from
relatively...
Forum: Cruises August 17th, 2009, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Meyer
Hi I would just like to introduce myself

chris wrote:
My name is chris and I think this group has some really interesting
posts about travel I was wondering if there were any experts on milan
out there that could perhaps tel me some...
Forum: Cruises July 2nd, 2009, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 62
Posted By Alan Meyer
Taking medicine out of country?

Rosalie B. wrote:
However - I also take a signed notarized statement from both of my
grandchild's parents that I have their permission to be taking their
child out of the country, and...
Forum: Cruises July 2nd, 2009, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 62
Posted By Alan Meyer
Taking medicine out of country?

Sue Mullen wrote:

PeterL wrote:
On Jul 1, 11:58 am, Jack wrote:
We're going on a road trip to Canada next week.
We'll have the usual bunch of medicine that...
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2009, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 71
Posted By Alan Meyer
April Cruises

BD wrote:
I have been looking for a cruise for myself and 3 kids in April '09. My
kids are 15 year old twin boys and a 9 year old girl. My question for
experienced cruisers on this board...
Forum: Cruises December 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 44
Posted By Alan Meyer
Grandeur of the Seas

Cruise Crazy wrote:
I won't give a review but I will say it was a great cruise and exceeded
our very low expectations in many ways. ...

Well, for a non-review, that was a pretty good...
Forum: Cruises November 6th, 2008, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Meyer
Dec 14 Galveston to Houston Hobby share limo?

Sue Mullen wrote:

Alan Meyer wrote:
D Ball wrote:
Hi, Alan,

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise over at
CruiseCritic.com? That is the best place for you to find...
Forum: Cruises November 6th, 2008, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Meyer
Dec 14 Galveston to Houston Hobby share limo?

wrote:
On Oct 29, 12:08 pm, Alan Meyer wrote:
My wife and I are booked on a Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas
repositioning cruise from Europe that...
Forum: Cruises November 6th, 2008, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

D Ball wrote:
Hi, Alan,

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise over at
CruiseCritic.com? That is the best place for you to find someone
interested in sharing the limo ride.

Forum: Cruises October 29th, 2008, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Meyer
Dec 14 Galveston to Houston Hobby share limo?

My wife and I are booked on a Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas
repositioning cruise from Europe that docks in Galveston on the
morning of December 14. We have airline reservations at
Houston's...
Forum: Cruises October 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Meyer
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER - Air Travel Health tips

wrote in message
2. TAKE VITAMINS OR HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS: These can't hurt and
there are plenty of...
Forum: Cruises October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Meyer
Honest and simple way to earn some money

Mirek,

This scam is known as a "chain letter". You are wrong if you think
that it is perfectly legal. In fact, it is illegal in the United
States.

Anyone thinking of responding to this chain...
Forum: Cruises October 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Alan Meyer
Do they have milk in Venezuela? I have to know right now!

wrote in message
I really need to know about the milk situation in Venezuela.
This article here says there...
Forum: Cruises October 16th, 2007, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 31
Posted By Alan Meyer
Cruising With Meds

"Brian K" wrote in message
I don't think it wise to put prescription meds in checked luggage.
What if it doesn't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36