Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 1.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Judy Heuman
Forum: Cruises July 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 30
Posted By Judy Heuman
Paying bills while cruising

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 08:09:32 -0400, Rosalie B.
wrote:

I have not had any trouble with the credit card payments being
automatic.

Thanks to all of you who replied! You...
Forum: Cruises July 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 30
Posted By Judy Heuman
Paying bills while cruising

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 01:42:01 GMT, Bill wrote:

Most credit cards allow you to set this up. Citibank, Chase,
American Express all let you set up Autopay on their website....
Forum: Cruises July 18th, 2009, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 30
Posted By Judy Heuman
Paying bills while cruising

In the past we have never taken a cruise longer than two weeks and
this was not a problem. But, we are planning a longer cruise for next
year -- a back to back -- taking 27 days plus a few days...
Forum: USA & Canada June 26th, 2009, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Judy Heuman
Chicago in Sept.

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:21:50 -0400, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
wrote:

We (two retired but physically active, couples ie: don't mind walking
around) are headed to Chicago (from...
Forum: USA & Canada June 1st, 2009, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Judy Heuman
Best Crossing I-90 Westbound to QEW to Hamilton (Buffalo vicinity)

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:56:43 -0400, Norm wrote:

Traveling westbound from NY Thruway (I-90) to QEW toward Hamilton.

Any current opinions on best crossing point?

When you...
Forum: Cruises April 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Judy Heuman
San Pedro berth?

Thanks to all who replied to my questions about the San Pedro pier. I
sent the calendar to my friend who will check again before we dock on
May 3. And, I've sent her the info on how to find the...
Forum: Cruises April 8th, 2009, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Judy Heuman
San Pedro berth?

We are taking the Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal cruise from Miami to
Los Angeles in a few weeks. We have a friend in LA who will pick us
up at the ship in San Pedro, but asked me to tell her which...
Forum: Cruises December 31st, 2008, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Judy Heuman
Costa Rica excursions?

We're taking a Panama Canal cruse, leaving in mid-April. I've started
to look over possible excursions in Costa Rica and would like your
opinions of the following:

1. Puna Vida Gardens

2. Doka...
Forum: USA & Canada August 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Judy Heuman
Pike's Peak

Our cross country trip is over and we are home now. I'm writing in to
thank everyone who replied to my questions about Pike's Peak and give
my little report.

The road was fine except that there is...
Forum: Cruises August 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Judy Heuman
Transportation to port in Miami

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:26:38 -0400, Neal Eckhardt
wrote:

I did this back in December. Stayed in Ft. Lauderdale, and called the
previous day for a Florida Limo...
Forum: Cruises August 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Judy Heuman
Transportation to port in Miami

Just came back from the travel agent - booked a Panama Canal cruise on
NCL for April, 2009.

In looking over airfares, he saved us $250 EACH on airfare by taking
West Jet into Fort Lauderdale, even...
Forum: Cruises June 14th, 2008, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Judy Heuman
Barcelona..........where to go and see?

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:44:32 -0700 (PDT), "Mark (SF)"
wrote:

Walk La Rambla. Check out the cathedral

We really enjoyed walking on La Rambla -- best of all on a Sunday...
Forum: USA & Canada June 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Judy Heuman
I-70?

We are leaving in a few days for a trip mostly across I-70. Frankly,
I am concerned since I see storms, floods and tornadoes reported on
the news. If anyone lives in the areas around the highway...
Forum: USA & Canada June 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Judy Heuman
Sunday in Kansas City

Thanks to all who gave suggestions for our day in Kansas City. We
have a plan! Most likely, needing a rest day by then, we'll sleep
late, walk around the grounds of the art museum (maybe look...
Forum: USA & Canada June 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Judy Heuman
Sunday in Kansas City

We're taking a car trip across the States and find we will be in
Kansas City on a Sunday. I looked on the web for things to do and
found most museums are open limited hours - mostly between 1 and 4...
Forum: USA & Canada May 18th, 2008, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By Judy Heuman
Trip across the USA

On Sat, 17 May 2008 21:02:01 +0200, "Henk" wrote:

We are making a trip across the States and a part of our trip is through
Missouri, Kansas and Colorado.
Starting at St. Louis and...
Forum: USA & Canada March 24th, 2008, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Judy Heuman
Alaskan insects

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:59:56 GMT, "Craig" wrote:

Given that you'll be on a cruise, my
suggestion is to always carry some repellent with you--and apply it when you
notice bugs...
Forum: USA & Canada March 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Judy Heuman
Alaskan insects

Is this true? Someone told me there are horrible biting insects in
Alaska in the summer time. We are going on a cruise in July -- do we
have to be prepared for this? And, if so, what preparation...
Forum: USA & Canada March 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Judy Heuman
Niagara Falls in early June

The Canadian side of Niagara Falls is much more beautiful! Not only
do you get a better view of the falls, but the road along the river is
all park land with beautiful gardens.

Hotels that have...
Forum: USA & Canada March 10th, 2008, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Judy Heuman
What to do/see in Chicago?

I haven't been to Chicago for years, but I remember a MUST SEE is The
Thorne Rooms in the art museum. Also, the science museum...
Forum: USA & Canada March 1st, 2008, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Judy Heuman
Pike's Peak

Easy to avoid, simply select a lower gear and let the
engine slow you down.

I'm mildly asthmatic and found no problem breathing - I was probably 50 at
the time.

I never took the train to...
Forum: USA & Canada February 29th, 2008, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Judy Heuman
Pike's Peak

We will be going to Pike's Peak this summer. Looking over the web
site, I'd like to know if anyone has been there, is it more
interesting to drive up to the summit or take the cog railway? Is it
a...
Forum: Cruises November 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Judy Heuman
Stupid Me

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:24:16 -0400, "Ray & Fran"
wrote:

No because the cruise was booked in Canadian funds and will be paid for in
Canadian money
.Firstly the princess...
Forum: Cruises November 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Judy Heuman
Taxis in Mexico

Thanks for this information - it's very helpful. But, could you tell
me approximately how much money should we expect (or offer) to pay?
Suppose we keep the driver and car for six hours and stay...
Forum: Cruises November 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Judy Heuman
Taxis in Mexico

Thanks for all your replies about the Mexican taxis. I guess we'll
just have to wait to see what we find. If large enough, we'll take
one. If not, we'll bow to it and take two taxis.

I'd just...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44