Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jochen Kriegerowski
Forum: USA & Canada November 5th, 2007, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Any good online maps?

"surface9" schrieb

Aren't there any good online map sites that give you a full screen, or
almost a full screen, without so many interferring popups and all?

I use mapquest. The...
Forum: USA & Canada November 2nd, 2007, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Passport stamped upon re-entry to the USA

"Josh S" schrieb

When I enter the UK from Canada, it's usually stamped.

The same vice versa: When I enter Canada from Europe, it's
always stamped.

When I enter the UK from...
Forum: USA & Canada November 1st, 2007, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 145
Fire!

"memiki" schrieb

Jochen -- I appreciate your analogy, but this is no ordinary
"employee"

Right. Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I stick to my analogy
for a moment.

You quote...
Forum: USA & Canada November 1st, 2007, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 145
Fire!

"memiki" schrieb

You cannot separate the President from the Office of the President.
If you insult the President, you insult the Office of the
Presidency

Every 4 years you...
Forum: USA & Canada October 31st, 2007, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 145
Fire!

"memiki" schrieb

......it's not necessary to call the President an "idiot"

It's not very polite to call *anyone* an idiot. But by doing so
you don't damage anything but your own...
Forum: USA & Canada October 31st, 2007, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.california,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Looks for California Beaches

"Sun Burn" schrieb

Back to the beach profile, which I talk about in another posting.
Very good idea which I need to implement. The questions will be what
to...
Forum: USA & Canada October 31st, 2007, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 145
Fire!

"memiki" schrieb

... Americans in a foreign country who are publicly
disrespectful of the man holding the Office of the Presidency (i.e.
Dixie Chicks), or on an...
Forum: USA & Canada October 19th, 2007, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
List of Vehicles able to Import into Canada

"Frank F. Matthews" schrieb

I doubt that most European diesels can be certified for use in the US
without expensive retrofits due to particulate emissions.

Today's...
Forum: USA & Canada October 18th, 2007, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
List of Vehicles able to Import into Canada

"Frank F. Matthews" schrieb

And since we are talking of automobiles are there any with diesels that
are built right?

Just look across the Atlantic. In Europe you'd...
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2007, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 289
Driver Licensing IS about highway safety

"-" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

He can't; he knows he already has lost the argument.

Sure. And he needs a shoulder to cry on. But why us? ;-)

Jochen
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2007, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 289
Driver Licensing NOT about highway safety

"proffsl" schrieb

Correct me if you wish to be incorrect, but aren't we supposed to have
a government by the people, of the people, and for the people?

The people (or...
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 289
Driver Licensing NOT about highway safety

"proffsl" schrieb

IS INDEED and IN FACT
unreasonable, and subject to revocation.

Then why don't you simply go to some supreme court and have
it revoked instead of posting...
Forum: USA & Canada October 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
using UK mobile phone in USA

"TJ" schrieb

a US based neswgroup with US
based people!

Usegroup with people from alle over the world interested in
travelling the US and Canada, I'd say.

A usegroup isn't...
Forum: USA & Canada October 15th, 2007, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
using UK mobile phone in USA

"wasted" schrieb

On mine and my wife's phones, we could connect to either T mobile or ATT
networks, and these allowed us to send and receive text messages but when
we...
Forum: USA & Canada March 20th, 2007, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.arts.disney.parks
Replies: 16
NASA Houston vs. Kennedy Space Center

"Lee" schrieb

What's so special about cocoa beach that makes it worth going to?

I guess it's 'must' for hardcore 'I Dream Of Jeannie'-fans g

Jochen from Potsdam
Forum: USA & Canada March 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM Posted to misc.consumers,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 58
Car rental charges

"Rog'" schrieb

Usually, sales tax is tacked on (unlike the "VAT included" price)

Yeah, ok. That's what always bothers me in some countries. Here
you pay what the...
Forum: USA & Canada March 20th, 2007, 12:39 PM Posted to misc.consumers,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 58
Car rental charges

"Mike T." schrieb

They have to rent the space in the airport AND pay a fee to
run a concession in the airport, so the costs are passed along
to people who rent cars at the...
Forum: USA & Canada March 19th, 2007, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
usa on the road , my road trip

"tim....." schrieb

There is a huge difference between this and driving through
some of the most scenic parts of the US. ISTM that it is
perfectly possible to have...
Forum: USA & Canada September 3rd, 2006, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.travel.canada,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel
Replies: 1
Identification rules for Hotels in Canada

"Dave Smith" schrieb

I have never been asked for photo ID in a restaurant in Canada.

Me neither. But the motels I stayed in always wanted my Credit
Card, and the...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered September 3rd, 2006, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.travel.canada,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel