Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Val Kraut
Forum: Cruises November 18th, 2011, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Val Kraut
Western Med on Noordam

My wife and I are considering a western Med cruise on HAL Noordam next
summer. Anyone have any experience with the ship or ports - Civitavecchia,
Florence, Monte Carlo, Barcelona Palma de Mallorca,...
Forum: Cruises April 26th, 2011, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Val Kraut
Copenhagen Hotels request info (July 2011)

We started two cruises in Copenhage. Both Times we stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen across the street from the planetarium. Easy walk to Tivoli Gardens. There are several bed and breakfast - smaller...
Forum: Cruises April 20th, 2011, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Val Kraut
UK or Europe Cruise to USA

A few year's ago we did one to NY on HAL Rotterdam. The Rotterdam was
transitioning from Northern Europe Route of the Vikings to NE US Canada
crusies. They also had some that did spain then part of...
Forum: Cruises January 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Val Kraut
Iceland, Greenland excursions.

" Val, when you flew into Copenhagen to take this cruise, how did you get
the cruise port and did you stay overnight in Copenhagen the night before?
Reason I ask is that we are taking a...
Forum: Cruises January 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Val Kraut
Iceland, Greenland excursions.

A few years back we did Copenhagen to New York on HAL Rotterdam.

In Akureyri we took a bus tour to the water falls, walking tour of old farm
etc. and souvineer shop. The weather wasn't great and...
Forum: Cruises November 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Val Kraut
Anchor Drop Lands Cruise Passenger in the Brig

"MAS" wrote in message ...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/drunk/anchor-drop-lands-cruise-passenger-brig

With the large increase in the...
Forum: Cruises November 15th, 2010, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

" You snipped the first paragraph of my reply apparently because it did
not fit with your unfounded and unproven notion that they criticized
the aid. That was not honorable of you.

No I snipped...
Forum: Cruises November 15th, 2010, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

" I think the US sailors would have been very happy to see the Spam leaving
their ship!

Probably true - but stuff they would have eaten themselves should not be
criticized in a public medium....
Forum: Cruises November 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

As far as Carnival's image. I have read dozens of first hand reports
from passengers who were onboard the Splendor during the incident and
pretty much they report that the response of the crew...
Forum: Cruises November 15th, 2010, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

You are making a mountain out of a
mole hill. Give it up...Carnival does not owe any apologies to you or
anyone else for something that they did not deliberately cause...They have
already...
Forum: Cruises November 15th, 2010, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

"Carnival apologized to the Splendor passengers for
what they went through. They thanked the Navy. Your attitude is a
little much.

No it's not a bit much - they were on the ropes and called for...
Forum: Cruises November 15th, 2010, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

" Carnival says the Spam was not ordered, it was substituted by a vendor.
All Carnival did was state that none was served to guests in response
to the media making a big deal about Spam being...
Forum: Cruises November 14th, 2010, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

" I don't think the Navy commander cares. The provisions were bought and
provided by Carnival. The Navy only delivered them.

ONLY DELIVERED THEM - do you have any idea how much it costs to...
Forum: Cruises November 14th, 2010, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Val Kraut
Splendor cruise ship fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue

Splendor Cruise Ship Fire - 3 reasons why you will lose if you sue
Carnival

He's right, it is a fair offer - you get two good crusies for what you
originally paid, the cruise line didn't do it...
Forum: Cruises November 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Val Kraut
Carnival: Spam never served to guests

" "@CarnivalCruise: In regards to our last post, we wanted to clarify that
while some SPAM was delivered, it was never served to guests. #Splendor"

Does this mean the USS Ronald Reagan will be...
Forum: Cruises October 25th, 2010, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Val Kraut
cruise excel checksheet?

I guess I shouldn't have said I can't find it. I searched
ALL my computers on the network for all my excel file and it isn't there.

Last Hope - some folks like to make forms and checklists...
Forum: Cruises October 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Val Kraut
cruise excel checksheet?

Do a search for file and use .xls as the partial file name - it will list
all the excel files on your computer.
Forum: Cruises June 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By Val Kraut
Has anyone done the White Pass railroad in Skagway?

We did it about six years ago - we were on HAL. We tend to take early tours.
It really rained the night before and it was still somewhat foggy/cloudy in
places but we still had good views - but not...
Forum: Cruises March 17th, 2010, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Val Kraut
Viking Danube crusie questions

We're taking a Viking Danube cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg in the late
spring. Will spend two extra days in Prague at the end. Our first river
cruise. Obviously much different from HAL.
Looking...
Forum: Cruises February 5th, 2010, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Posted By Val Kraut
Medical evacuations common?

" From my experience I think THREE medical emergencies on one cruise is a
lot!!

I would bet that there is a relationship between the cruise itinerary and
the number of medical emergencies....
Forum: Cruises January 20th, 2010, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By Val Kraut
Laptop computers

You're going round the world and are cheaping out on buying a decent
computer - this makes no sense! When you're in the middle of God only knows
where and it fails, then what?

"tathraman"...
Forum: Cruises December 28th, 2009, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 145
Posted By Val Kraut
Plane mishap

Unfortunately it's you who who have no idea what I'm talking about.
Idealism is great but not to the point where loss of innocent life is
involved.
Forum: Cruises December 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 145
Posted By Val Kraut
Plane mishap

No, they search the grandmothers and infants because they too can carry
bombs - as with the pregnant English woman whose "lover" hid a bomb in
her luggage. You wouldn't suspect her, and in a...
Forum: Cruises December 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 145
Posted By Val Kraut
Plane mishap

". There is no fraking way to stop every terrorist.

Not the way we're doing it A news quote from Homeland security below.
Everything happened that should have? - the guy got the explosives on...
Forum: Cruises December 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 145
Posted By Val Kraut
Plane mishap

Screen everyone thoroughly, and make the door to the cockpit
sufficiently secure than even someone with a crowbar can't get in. Then
it doesn't really matter who you let on.

Doesn't stop...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72