Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vacation Mamma
Forum: USA & Canada June 18th, 2007, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Vacation Mamma
fastest route to travel from los angeles to chicago

I've done this trip many many times to Denver, and more once the
Chicago/Denver leg. This post is about right and it's the fastest.

I10, I70, I80 is the basic trip. It will realistically take 18...
Forum: USA & Canada April 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Maine ferry/boat ride???

On Apr 14, 11:16 am, bob and shel
wrote:
Vacation Mamma wrote:
We would like to go on

some sort of "boat" ride while there... possible staying where the...
Forum: USA & Canada April 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Maine ferry/boat ride???

We would like to go on
some sort of "boat" ride while there... possible staying where the boat
goes to for a night if the place warrants an overnight stay. I have
seen trips to Monhegan...
Forum: USA & Canada March 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Alaskan cruises

On Mar 25, 11:38 am, Judy Heuman wrote:
My husband and I are planning to go on an Alaskan cruise in June with
our two adult sons and their spouses. We have collected brochures...
Forum: USA & Canada March 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Vacation Mamma
apartment in Manhattan

On Mar 27, 9:34 am, garrabino wrote:
Hi. We are a family of 7 people from Spain looking for a 3 bedroom
apartment in Manhattan, for september 22 to 29. We need no...
Forum: USA & Canada January 7th, 2007, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 199
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Best and Worst American Cities according to Europeans

The stupid and ugly American responses to this post just goes to show
why we get that rep in Europe!

striker wrote:
Europeans, particularly Italians and French, besides living in two of the
most...
Forum: USA & Canada January 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Eating in Costa Rica

It's been a while but:
check out my blog post:
http://vacation-mamma.blogspot.com/2006/02/costa-rica.html for a good
photo and quick tips.

I liked the food we had at :
Hotel Grano de Oro in San...
Forum: USA & Canada January 2nd, 2007, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Lake Tahoe tips, pls!

Luciano wrote:
Ok experts! Thanks for your inputs. For a Brazilain guy, as you can
imagine, I have no experience with snow things, such as snow chains,
etc. I barely ski. Maybe Feb/Mar it is...
Forum: USA & Canada August 7th, 2006, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Shopping Trip to NY at end of August

marika wrote:
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 04:15:52 -0400, Vacation Mamma
wrote:

Just returned from trip to NYC that included about 4 days of mixed
shopping and...
Forum: USA & Canada August 4th, 2006, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 49
Posted By Vacation Mamma
NYC Tourist Questions

A visitor might reasonably assume that a one-day MetroCard is good for
a 24 hour period from when it is first used. BUT, the people who
invented the card thought it was for commuters who...
Forum: USA & Canada August 4th, 2006, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Shopping Trip to NY at end of August

Just returned from trip to NYC that included about 4 days of mixed
shopping and tourist stuff followed by 2 days of pure tourist. I'll
try to answer from that perspective.
Forum: USA & Canada August 4th, 2006, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Los Angeles visit in 3 weeks

Okay,
since I started this silliness about small cities. What this all shows
is that someone's definition of small city varies greatly, even for
themselves! (Or does it really have nothing to do...
Forum: USA & Canada August 3rd, 2006, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Los Angeles visit in 3 weeks

wrote:

But I need to advise you that only a resident of the LA megalopolis
would consider San Diego a "smaller" city. Only six cities in the US
have a higher...
Forum: USA & Canada August 3rd, 2006, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 49
Posted By Vacation Mamma
NYC Tourist Questions

Apology accepted...I take my integrity very seriously as you can tell.
What you may not know is the things I post other than in NYC forums, as
I am not an expert, just a recent visitor and someone...
Forum: USA & Canada August 2nd, 2006, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 49
Posted By Vacation Mamma
NYC Tourist Questions

"I will say this -- you can get around Manhattan easily with public
transportation so do not need to have your hotel situated in any
particular area. "

In fact, public transportation is safe and...
Forum: USA & Canada August 2nd, 2006, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Minneapolis/St Paul and Chicago?

Never been to the Twin Cities so I would spend a few exploring those
with my friend, and check out the Mall of America. That said, Chicago
is a city worth everyone's time, and you could easily spend...
Forum: USA & Canada August 1st, 2006, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Vacation Mamma
New year in New York

Get a vacation rental apartment instead. try www.greatrentals.com - I
just stayed at the one you'll see on E.30th between Park and Lexington.
Great place, great landlord. Much better than hotel, &...
Forum: USA & Canada July 31st, 2006, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Vacation Mamma
September long weekend

Seattle, WA
Sequoia/Kings Canyon, National Parks www.nps.gov in CA
North Rim of Grand Canyon

CA heat wave has not truly broken, though it is 20 degrees cooler than
it was. September is our hottest...
Forum: USA & Canada July 31st, 2006, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Los Angeles visit in 3 weeks

Excellent advice from Jerry. I might add that you can go inland a bit
and visit the wineries of the central coast - growing in respect these
days, as well as some of the Missions along the way...
Forum: USA & Canada July 29th, 2006, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Rural New England towns

Newport Rhode Island or Mystic Connecticut - though neither are rural
small towns, but bustling seaport towns with a good tourist trade

Both are definitely worth the trip, I can only speak...
Forum: USA & Canada July 29th, 2006, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Vacation Mamma
Coastal holiday NE USA - options? Experiences? How to find?

Dear Henry,
I can't help but get excited at your post. I'm a transplanted native
New Englander, who still maintains a summer place in midcoast Maine. I
have a passion for vacation/travel and Maine,...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21