Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Forum: Caribbean April 27th, 2007, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How much from Trinidad to Caracas

Does such a flight exist? If so, anyone know approx. how often it
flies and what the roundtrip cost typically runs?
Forum: USA & Canada April 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Portland weirdos?

PeterL wrote:
Which Portland are you talking about? Or are you just talking to
yourself?

Sorry, I meant Portland, Oregon. What struck me as odd was the weird
people seemed out of place in the...
Forum: USA & Canada April 4th, 2007, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Portland weirdos?

Is it just me or does downtown portland have an unusually high
percentage of 'weird' people? Lots of poeple talking to themselves,
cursing, kicking random objects on the street, sleeping on...
Forum: Air travel March 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
United Mileage Plus mystery terms

PTravel wrote:
You are, apparently, a casual flier (and a rude one at that) and
for you, you're right -- don't bother with the UA program. I
always find it amusing when ignorance and arrogance...
Forum: Air travel March 14th, 2007, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
United Mileage Plus mystery terms

I now have a somewhat better understanding of what EQM and EQS are
but it seems so stupid to have them. A mile should just be a mile.
Since when does a mile become an EQM and why should it matter...
Forum: Air travel March 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
United Mileage Plus mystery terms

thanks for your explanation, but I am not sure i still understand how
it all works . but from what you make it out to be it is probably in
their best interest not to explain what it means since it...
Forum: Air travel March 14th, 2007, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
United Mileage Plus mystery terms

My mileage plus account prominently displays three terms which I have
no idea what they mean:

Elite Qualifying Miles
Elite Qualifying Segments
Lifetime United flight miles: ( i know what this refers...
Forum: USA & Canada March 13th, 2007, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Lying to hotel about number of guests

wrote:

2. Lie to the hotel and say we have only four children, then bring
them in through the side door. Usually these suites have two double
beds or larger, plus a...
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
My idea for a cheap hotel?

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

Frankly, at this stage in my life, I would not stay in a tiny hotel
room. I...
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
My idea for a cheap hotel?

PeterL wrote:
We stayed at a hotel like this in NYC. It's not downtown, it's
upper west side. The room is really tiny, with a couple of beds.
One bed has to be pulled out from under the...
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2007, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Amtrak trains, ever late or delayed ?

Becky wrote:
I know its a hard one to predict but just as a general rule are
they ontime ?

I think you will find this site particularly...
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2007, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
My idea for a cheap hotel?

I have become quite frustrated by the high prices of hotel rooms in
downtowns of large cities such as NYC and Chicago. A meager 2-star can
easily run you $150/ night.. I know you can find deals...
Forum: USA & Canada February 18th, 2007, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Price glitch on website, will it be honored?

I buoght a hotel room for $17 off a website but the average rooms
typically go for $120+ . I am assuming this was a price glitch from an
incorrectlly entered rate. Since I have already booked it will...
Forum: USA & Canada February 10th, 2007, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Website documenting airline actual delays?

On Feb 9, 10:20 am, "Bob Gardner" wrote:
There are so many factors involved in arrival time that this obsession with
"on time" seems silly to me. Airplanes enroute to the...
Forum: Air travel February 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Credit cards hat offer 20K bonus miles?

I keep mail from united and american airlines wanting me to sign up
for their credit cards and then get 20K miles. Can I sign up for them
and cancel within a year to avoid the annual fee? Do I still...
Forum: Air travel February 7th, 2007, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Travellin in Pakistan

On Feb 1, 11:12 am, Alex wrote:

Let's see, how about: "Come to Pakistan and enjoy a Daniel Pearl
moment. You have nothing to lose but your head!"

Even better would be to...
Forum: USA & Canada January 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Affordable place to stay near NYC?

On Jan 26, 7:08 am, "Rog'" wrote:
wrote:
I dont mind taking a 1-hour train ride if I can find some better
hotel deals outside NYC. Which...
Forum: USA & Canada January 26th, 2007, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Affordable place to stay near NYC?

Rita wrote:
We have gone round and round on this topic in this group and New
Yorkers seem to agree that staying in the city is the best way to
appreciate the experience. Other than hotel cost,...
Forum: USA & Canada January 26th, 2007, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Affordable place to stay near NYC?

On Jan 26, 7:42 am, Rita wrote:
You might want to rethink that. A one hour train ride is a two hour
train ride -- to and from Manhattan. New York is a fast moving and

Forum: USA & Canada January 26th, 2007, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Affordable place to stay near NYC?

On Jan 26, 5:47 am, Shawn Hirn wrote:
there are plenty of affordable places to stay IN New York City, and you
may well find the same thing, depending on what your definitition...
Forum: USA & Canada January 26th, 2007, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Affordable place to stay near NYC?

I dont mind taking a 1-hour train ride if I can find some better hotel
deals outside NYC. Which suburbs should I plug into hotwire? Are they
accessible from Grand central station, which is were Ill...
Forum: USA & Canada December 21st, 2006, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Half-day in evergaldes, where to go?

Bill wrote:
A good place to see the critters is the Anhinga Trail, which is near
the north entrance close to Homestead and Miami.

A good place to see fewer critters but take a nice bike ride...
Forum: USA & Canada December 21st, 2006, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for budget hotels near Florida keys and Everglades

Thanks for all the replies. We end up booking something at Miami
airport. This actually suited us as it was close to everglades and
keys and the rate from hotwire was quite good.
Forum: USA & Canada December 21st, 2006, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Half-day in evergaldes, where to go?

We just have a half-day ( afternoon ) to spend in everglades. I visited
the website and notice there are several visitor centers and each has
many trails. Which would be good for our time frame? We...
Forum: USA & Canada December 19th, 2006, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
AC OUTLET

believeryes wrote:
Hi all,
how are you all doing. just wondering is there an AC OUTLET on
greyhound buses where i can plug in my laptop?

Thanks a lot?

Try taking Amtrak. Most trains...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42