Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Caveat
Forum: USA & Canada May 9th, 2007, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Caveat
How tough are Zion Hikes?

"Toller" wrote:
"Caveat" wrote:
"Toller" wrote:

Sadly, I am rather afraid of heights. Last year I had to have a friend go
up...
Forum: USA & Canada May 9th, 2007, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Caveat
How tough are Zion Hikes?

"Toller" wrote:

Sadly, I am rather afraid of heights. Last year I had to have a friend go
up on my roof and fix a piece of trim cause I couldn't; very embarressing.
Is there...
Forum: USA & Canada May 9th, 2007, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Caveat
How tough are Zion Hikes?

"Toller" wrote:

I am planning on visiting Zion in late July. Yes, I know it is horribly
hot, but that is when I will be there.

Hike early (like starting at first light). Much...
Forum: USA & Canada April 19th, 2007, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Caveat
Zion or Grand Canyon?

"Toller" wrote:

"Caveat" wrote in message
"Toller" wrote:

How does it...
Forum: USA & Canada April 19th, 2007, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Caveat
Zion or Grand Canyon?

"Toller" wrote:

How does it compare to Letchworth? (saw where you are from...)

Excuse my intrusion, but having been to both parks (used to live in
Rochester) I can assure you...
Forum: USA & Canada April 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Caveat
Zion or Grand Canyon?

"Toller" wrote:

I am going to Las Vegas in July with my son. We have 1.5 days free at the
end and I was planning on going to the Grand Canyon; but I didn't realize
how far...
Forum: USA & Canada April 11th, 2007, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Caveat
Grand Canyon North Rim - next Spring!!

"KGB" (KGB) wrote:

My wife and I (from the UK) are planning a Southwest US road trip next
Spring. One place we want to stay is the Lodge at the Grand Canyon North...
Forum: USA & Canada February 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Caveat
Driving to Portland, Oregon from California (April 07) with kids - Need Ideas

"Calif Bill" wrote:

... Since it is about 4 hours from Medford to Portland, there is time
to take a Jetboat trip on the Rogue River. The kids will love it...

The...
Forum: USA & Canada December 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Caveat
US Virgin Islands vs Hawaii

Icono Clast wrote:
stonej wrote:
Which do you prefer (if either) for a vacation and why?

They're just plain dif'rent, thassall.
To me, the Caribbean feels more "foreign" than...
Forum: USA & Canada July 26th, 2006, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Pat O'Connell wrote:
Caveat wrote:

Drive carefully on the 95 northwest of Downtown, unless the widening is
already complete.

Yeah, it was sure a mess last year --...
Forum: USA & Canada July 26th, 2006, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Alohacyberian" wrote:

"Caveat" wrote in message
(John F. Carr) wrote:

"When...
Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
From Death valley to...Grand Canyon or Bryce Canyon?

Libellula wrote:
Caveat ha scritto:
Libellula wrote:
I really don't know how to thank you;this is the last part (with date)
of my tour;
Leaving death...
Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

(John F. Carr) wrote:

...Hawaii raised some Interstate speed limits to 60 due to the
backlash against photo radar. This shows why we don't see
more camera enforcement in America: the...
Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By Caveat
Food on North American Airplanes?

"Sapphyre" wrote:

This might sound rather dumb..

Not at all, Sapphyre. Don't let the Usenet habit of flaming people get
you down. It's pretty routine, unfortunately.

Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
From Death valley to...Grand Canyon or Bryce Canyon?

Libellula wrote:

I really don't know how to thank you;this is the last part (with date)
of my tour;
Leaving death valley sept 2 morning to spend the night in Bryce or Grand...
Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
From Death valley to...Grand Canyon or Bryce Canyon?

Libellula wrote:

I'm Libellula from Italy and in summer i'll have a tour of southwest usa.
On September2 i'll leave the Death Valley;usually people from DeathV
stops to Las Vegas...
Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Alohacyberian" wrote:
"Caveat" wrote in message
"Alohacyberian" wrote:

... I've probably driven that I-5 between...
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2006, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Pat O'Connell wrote:
Caveat wrote:
"Sapphyre" wrote:
I've been to Arizona only once, around the Kingman area...

Not my favorite place, but...
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2006, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Alohacyberian" wrote:

... I've probably driven that I-5 between Ashland and Medford a
hundred times or more and have never been pulled...

Hey Keith, did you live in...
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2006, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Sapphyre" wrote:

Worst traffic for me has been Toronto and area around there,

Haven't driven up thataway in a long time. last time was to see a
Heart concert (maybe 1973...
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2006, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road

"Sapphyre" wrote:

I've been to Arizona only once, around the Kingman area...

Not my favorite place, but I'll be driving through there Wednesday on
the way to the Toiyabe...
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2006, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Keith Willshaw" wrote:

Speeding is only classed as reckless driving when there
are aggravating circumstances

Um, like giving the "finger" to a speed camera,...
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2006, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Sapphyre" wrote:

How many freeways post their speed limit at 55 mph, seriously? I've
heard rumours this happens on the East Coast, but I don't know where.
Are you talking...
Forum: USA & Canada July 23rd, 2006, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Keith Willshaw" wrote:
"Caveat" wrote in message
"Sapphyre"...
Forum: USA & Canada July 23rd, 2006, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Replies: 369
Posted By Caveat
Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

(John F. Carr) wrote:

In article ,
Caveat wrote:
"Sapphyre" wrote: