Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: janerene
Forum: Caribbean July 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 10
Posted By janerene
HELP - CARIBBEAN HONEYMOON SUGGESTIONS

Our daughter and son in law just got back from Whitehouse and loved it. She
said that the ocean is not sparkly and clear there as it is on the other
side of Jamaica, but if that's not a priority...
Forum: Caribbean July 10th, 2007, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By janerene
Dominica

Hey Don. Tried to send this back privately, but the nospam in the address
bounced it back, of course. Enjoyed. I took a look at your Bonaire
pictures, also, as we just got back from there. In...
Forum: USA & Canada July 7th, 2007, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By janerene
Passport problem

There is a document that you can download on the Internet that will certify
that you are in the process of renewing your passport. You will be able to
use this document for going to Canada,...
Forum: Caribbean July 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By janerene
Dominica

Has anyone on this forum gone to the island of Dominica? Care to share some
experiences?
Forum: Latin America June 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 13
Posted By janerene
Costa Rica Vacation plan in late June and early July

I have info that I wrote and have kept about Costa Rica info that I will cut
and paste for you. It has all the phone numbers you would need. Jane

Every once in awhile someone asks what to do in...
Forum: Latin America June 1st, 2007, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 13
Posted By janerene
Costa Rica Vacation plan in late June and early July

We bought an ox cart down there (stores wine bottles). It is boxed in
pieces when you buy it down there making it very easy to carry and put
together once you get back home. Jane

"k"...
Forum: Latin America May 30th, 2007, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 13
Posted By janerene
Costa Rica Vacation plan in late June and early July

We never rent a car, but have found good transportation everywhere we've
wanted/needed to go in Costa Rica. (We've been there 3 times) When you go
with a driver who knows the area, they can get...
Forum: Cruises May 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By janerene
Bonaire

Looking to go to Bonaire in a couple weeks. Any feedback on the Divi
Flamingo would be appreciated. Also, what is the cost of food over there?
I read they don't grow any of their own food sources...
Forum: Caribbean May 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By janerene
Bonaire

Looking to go to Bonaire in a couple weeks. Any feedback on the Divi
Flamingo would be appreciated. Also, what is the cost of food over there?
I read they don't grow any of their own food sources...
Forum: Caribbean April 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 3
Posted By janerene
Puerto Rico in June

We would like to go to go see the "real" Puerto Rico in June. Has anyone on
this newsgroup been there and have any advice as to where to stay, where to
eat, and what to see? We are not interested...
Forum: USA & Canada April 24th, 2007, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
Posted By janerene
Texas travel

The Rattlesnake Roundup in Swee****er is pretty interesting. Draws a real
varied crowd! You can watch them hang, skin, and fry up rattlesnake, too.

Check out the Charreada schedule around San...
Forum: USA & Canada April 24th, 2007, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By janerene
Portland Oregon

I met my sister who was up there on business for a weekend, and we really
enjoyed going to a fish hatchery that is close by Portland. They had the
"ladders" that the salmon "climb" to get back to...
Forum: USA & Canada January 16th, 2007, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By janerene
Looking for a warm vacation destination

Consider San Antonio, Texas. It is economical and plenty to do within
walking distance of your hotel if you stay down on the Riverwalk. If you
rent a car, you can also take in Austin (about an...
Forum: USA & Canada January 6th, 2007, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By janerene
Eating in Costa Rica

Are you sure??? This place did not look like a chain. Looks like it has
been there forever and definitely does not smack of "mass production".

"k" wrote in message...
Forum: USA & Canada January 4th, 2007, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By janerene
Eating in Costa Rica

There is a restaurant we like in San Jose called Machu Pichu that is quite
good.

"pantagruel" wrote in message
Forum: Latin America January 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By janerene
Costa Rica 1-day tour?

San Jose is a typical "city". I certainly wouldn't want to spend my whole
CR vacation there, but I don't think it is a dump! Because that is where
the main airport is, it makes for a good jumping...
Forum: Latin America January 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By janerene
Costa Rica 1-day tour?

YES!!! When we go to Costa Rica, we always stay at the Balmoral Hotel when
we first get there. It is very moderately priced, clean, safe, and has
excellent service, and Costa Rican coffee on tap...
Forum: USA & Canada November 26th, 2006, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By janerene
Amish Country

I was going to suggest Lancaster County, as well. There is a market there
called the Green Dragon Market, I think, that is fun to go to. There are
some "Amish" style farms that you can tour as...
Forum: USA & Canada November 24th, 2006, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By janerene
Pearl Harbor: is quick layover triip from Honolulu airport practical?

I carried in a little bellybag/fanny pack with my wallet in it and brought
in my camera. No backpacks or suitcases or any other kind of bag is
allowed. I think they may have checked the bellybag....
Forum: USA & Canada September 21st, 2006, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 41
Posted By janerene
PORTLAND. OREGON

What are some "must see and must do" places in Portland, Oregon. Am going
next weekend and would like some first hand expertise. TIA
Forum: USA & Canada September 8th, 2006, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By janerene
Tubing Down the Guadalupe River

I'm up around Dallas and am arranging for a group to go tubing down the
Guadalupe through Rocking R in midSeptember. I was wondering if anyone
around that area could tell me if the water level in...
Forum: USA & Canada July 8th, 2006, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By janerene
Where to go for 2 weeks from NY..........

I vote San Diego, too. There is so much to see and do there. During the
Christmas holidays they do some special things at Balboa Park with the
little International Cottages. There are other...
Forum: USA & Canada July 7th, 2006, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By janerene
Badlands, South Dakota

And unless things have changed, packing a picnic lunch is a good idea.
There's a whole lot of not much out there.

I remember lots of prairie dogs out there that were more than happy to eat
our...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23