Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Smith[_3_]
Forum: USA & Canada January 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Toronto Train/ Bus Station Query

Mark Brader wrote:

It wouldn't occur to me to buy a ticket in advance for a bus to
Niagara Falls.

Nor would I. My son had no problem getting on a bus from Toronto to
St.Catharines on...
Forum: USA & Canada January 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Toronto Train/ Bus Station Query

Gareth Slee wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:

The Niagara Falls train and bus stations are across the
street from each other, in the old downtown business area,...
Forum: USA & Canada January 12th, 2008, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Toronto Train/ Bus Station Query

Gareth Slee wrote:

The train station is quite close to your hotel, but unless your destination
is on the main corridors you are probably better off taking the bus.
Canadian rail service...
Forum: USA & Canada January 12th, 2008, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Toronto Train/ Bus Station Query

Gareth Slee wrote:

I'm staying at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
which is on 255 Wellington Street West Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P9.

How far is it to the closest bus...
Forum: USA & Canada January 4th, 2008, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Car Hire

Jochen Kriegerowski wrote:

Can anyone advise me on my best plan of action and
also what pitfalls should I be aware of?

Make sure to get insurance (LDW - anything else will probably
be...
Forum: Europe January 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 60
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
quick dry stuff

singlemalt wrote:

I am tired of packing so many pairs of undies and socks and am thinking
about switching to quick dry stuff. I see that there are several kinds and
brands with a variety of...
Forum: Europe January 3rd, 2008, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Expired Passport - Update

John Kane wrote:

I have no problem believing that. I have been to Europe three times and
only once did anyone look inside my passport. That was in Copenhagen. He
opened it up...
Forum: Europe January 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Expired Passport - Update

bigbrian wrote:

As the OP in the original "Expired Passport" thread, I can confirm
that I have just returned from a very enjoyable and successful trip to
Germany to celebrate New Year....
Forum: USA & Canada December 17th, 2007, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Hotels, B&B in Montreal?

BrianK wrote:

What's the best time of year to get lower hotel rates in Montreal? When
is low season? What activities are there in Winter? Are sidewalks kept
clean of snow? Or is it still...
Forum: USA & Canada December 15th, 2007, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Shooting at school again

sharx35 wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote...
Forum: USA & Canada December 15th, 2007, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Why is Poutine so rare in Canada?

"J. Clarke" wrote:

The best thing about having using leftover roast beef to make a hot
beef sandwich is the beef gravy on the fries.

Ever have gravy on a hamburger, with the gravy on...
Forum: USA & Canada December 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Why is Poutine so rare in Canada?

James Silverton wrote:

Gabby wrote on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 04:18:24 -0800 (PST):

G Heck, even in Labrador you can get poutine. Personally, I
G shudder to even think about the mess,...
Forum: USA & Canada December 13th, 2007, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Shooting at school again

sharx35 wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
James Silverton wrote:

Throughout history, Europe has...
Forum: USA & Canada December 12th, 2007, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Niagara Smoke Stack?

PeterL wrote:

On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

Forum: USA & Canada December 12th, 2007, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Shooting at school again

James Silverton wrote:

Throughout history, Europe has been one war zone after
another.

And the US has been any different? They had a number of wars
with various
Indian...
Forum: USA & Canada December 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Shooting at school again

sharx35 wrote:

And the US has been any different? They had a number of wars with various
Indian tribes, have been at war with Mexico several times, tried to invade
Canada several...
Forum: USA & Canada December 12th, 2007, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Shooting at school again

sharx35 wrote:

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
This time in Las Vegas six pupils have been wounded at...
Forum: USA & Canada December 10th, 2007, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Smith[_3_]
Greyhound Bus Query

Gareth Slee wrote:

I'm traveling from the UK in February and are planning on travelling
from Toronto ON to Niagara and then onto Cleveland OH.
Thing is I'm having trouble booking Greyhound...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18