Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Barney
Forum: Europe June 8th, 2012, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Replies: 138
Posted By Barney
I recently had the worst moules-frites in the world...

On Jun 6, 8:18*am, (David Horne) wrote:
Barnaby Page wrote:
On Jun 5, 10:47 am, Martin wrote:

When you buy mussels...
Forum: Europe December 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Barney
Christmas in Rotterdam

For reasons of my own I want to be in Rotterdam over Christmas. What,
if anything, is likely to be open on the 25th and 26th in terms of
restaurants and bars?

(Not necessarily looking for specific...
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Barney
What is a EEC and E111? I'm an American.

On May 1, 5:55*pm, "Lava" wrote:
For now at least! *LOL

The EEC was the European Economic Community, a forerunner of today's
European Union (EU). People sometimes still say EEC...
Forum: Europe March 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Barney
tipping in the UK - new code of practice

http://www.bis.gov.uk/files/file52948.pdf
Forum: Europe March 21st, 2010, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Barney
Italian trains

On Mar 21, 1:16*pm, Jesper Lauridsen
wrote:
rec.travel.europe added to Newsgroups list.

However, the site says the tickets cannot be
purchased online outside of...
Forum: Europe February 23rd, 2010, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Barney
London Bus 27

On Feb 22, 6:26*pm, Cathy L wrote:
We may have another option than the Tube.

We will be going from the Kensington Close Hotel, near High Street, to
the Thistle Euston...
Forum: Europe February 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 34
Posted By Barney
London Subway

On Feb 21, 2:39*am, (Mark Brader) wrote:
Cathy L.:

Subject: London Subway

By "subway", of course, you mean "Underground" or "tube". *Some would
say this proves you are...
Forum: Europe February 21st, 2010, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 264
Posted By Barney
Traveling to Europe (again)

On Feb 20, 8:40*pm, JohnT wrote:
On 20/02/2010 3:27 PM, erilar wrote:

In article
,
*...
Forum: Europe February 21st, 2010, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Barney
OT - Egyptian tours

On Feb 20, 8:13*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
I know this is totally off-topic for a European travel group, but many
of you have at least BEEN there. *My...
Forum: Europe February 20th, 2010, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 34
Posted By Barney
London Subway

On Feb 20, 7:42*pm, Cathy L wrote:
Could someone tell me how to get from the High Street Kensington
station to Euston station?

Thank you,

Cathy L

Take the Circle...
Forum: Europe February 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 264
Posted By Barney
Traveling to Europe (again)

On Feb 19, 5:51*pm, erilar wrote:
In article ,
*Cathy L wrote:

I think it would have made...
Forum: Europe February 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 264
Posted By Barney
Traveling to Europe (again)

On Feb 17, 7:12*pm, Cathy L wrote:
We will be taking another trip to Europe in May. I would love to get
some "tips" on how to make the trip more enjoyable. In the past,...
Forum: Europe January 16th, 2010, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Barney
London accommodations for six people

On Jan 15, 4:08*pm, Robin Stober wrote:
In ,
Robin *wrote:
Specific...
Forum: Europe January 5th, 2010, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Barney
London accommodations for six people

On Jan 5, 2:17*pm, Robin Stober wrote:
We will be a group of six in London in late June. *There are four adults
and two girls aged 16 and 18. *Location is important as...
Forum: Europe December 22nd, 2009, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Barney
past flight departure information?

On Dec 22, 3:23*pm, "Steve Cain" wrote:
"Barney" wrote in message

Forum: Europe December 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Barney
past flight departure information?

On Dec 22, 2:33*pm, Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:
Am Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:21:40 -0800 (PST) schrieb Barney:

Short of phoning the airline/airport and hanging in a queue,...
Forum: Europe December 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Barney
past flight departure information?

Short of phoning the airline/airport and hanging in a queue, is there
any way to find out whether/when a certain flight in the past
departed?

I need to find out about an Aeroflot departure from...
Forum: Europe December 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Barney
Traveling Gluten Free

On Dec 4, 9:11*pm, Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:21:26 -0500, Cathy L wrote:
On our next trip to London and Ireland, It will be the first...
Forum: Europe November 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Barney
Taxi in London

On Nov 22, 9:02*pm, Cathy L wrote:
How much does it cost to take a taxi from Heathrow airport to downtown
London, (in US dollars)?

Cathy L

As others have said - don't...
Forum: Europe November 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Barney
Heathrow hotel needed

On Nov 22, 8:40*pm, Dale Thompson
wrote:
I am expecting a 24 hour layover at Heathrow (Following a v.long
flight). *Can anyone recommend a nearby hotel?...
Forum: Europe November 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Barney
Travel from London to Waterford

On Nov 20, 2:47*pm, Cathy L wrote:
Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London to
Waterford, Ireland?

Cathy L

Aer Arann flies direct from London...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21