Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J Carnaghie[_2_]
Forum: Cruises April 21st, 2008, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Shopping Kickbacks

Does anyone have any firm information as to just
how much the shops in a port "kick back" to the
cruise lines or the cruise director & staff for
the "recommendations" given by the Cruise...
Forum: Cruises April 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 29
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
children on carnival cruise

Marsha wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:

Particularly since the OP was the grandmother snip

grandma Rosalie

How do you know it was the grandmother and not the grandfather?
Forum: Cruises April 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Harwich to Heathrow this summer

Anne Chambers wrote:
Leo Tick wrote:

Beth Peace wrote:

Our ship (Jewel of the Seas) rolls in to Harwich at 4AM, and we'd
LOVE to catch a 12:15PM non-stop flight home from...
Forum: Cruises April 11th, 2008, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Laundry Service on HAL

cha wrote:
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:57:09 -0400, Deb
wrote:

In article ,
cha ...
Forum: Cruises March 31st, 2008, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 31
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Flight from Vancouver to LA

Joanne wrote:

SNIP

Our airfare through the cruise line is $399 per person (excluding
taxes). If I booked it myself, it would be $467 per person (exculding
taxes). So it's a little bit...
Forum: Cruises March 28th, 2008, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 31
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Flight from Vancouver to LA

Joanne wrote:
We are booked on RCCL Mexican Riviera cruise in July, including air
travel. I'm trying to find out when we might fly out of Vancouver -
RCCL says we'll find out 60 days before...
Forum: Cruises March 28th, 2008, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Alaska Cruise August

rosie wrote:
On Mar 27, 4:58�am, Anne Chambers wrote:

Brian K wrote:

�
snip extremely useful information

Thanks for that, Brian. I do have a verandah suite,...
Forum: Cruises March 25th, 2008, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Art Prints Forged

On 2008-03-20 18:11:57 +0100, J Carnaghie
said:

Saw this item in the Reuters Newswire and immediately thought
"Shipboard Art Auctions"...
Forum: Cruises March 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Art Prints Forged

Saw this item in the Reuters Newswire and
immediately thought "Shipboard Art Auctions" --

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Take a second look at that
signed Picasso print you bought on eBay.

A ring of art...
Forum: Cruises March 20th, 2008, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
How much for our daughter?

Ray wrote:
That is a very good question. However, why not go right to the source
itself for the correct answer, instead of reading through threads from
some of those not quite sure.

Forum: Cruises March 17th, 2008, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
How much for our daughter?

clint wrote:
I'm sure she'l enjoy the trip!
"Brian K" wrote in message

Ray wrote:

My wife and I are looking...
Forum: Cruises March 12th, 2008, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 55
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
What would you put on a ship....

clint wrote:
Who the hell wants to bowling on a cruise...bowling went out with the hula
hops, (and I'm a senior!)
"Brian K" wrote in message
Forum: Cruises March 11th, 2008, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
CCL revises Fuel Surcharge and Refunds !!!

wrote:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/23566290/for/cnbc/

From CNBC:
MIAMI - One of the world's top cruise operators
has agreed to reimburse passengers for fuel
surcharges that were...
Forum: Cruises March 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 63
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Smoking on cruise ships

clint wrote:
My cow has empiesemia, never smoked, the MDs think it's probably heretic(we
are both seniors)
SNIP
Dear Clint,
I hope you mean that is inherited (i.e.
genetic) because...
Forum: Cruises March 5th, 2008, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 158
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Smoking on Cruises

Nonnymus wrote:
Boomer wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

They're incapable of it...
Forum: Cruises March 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 158
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Smoking on Cruises

clint wrote:
I light up my cigar everywhere onboard(except the dinning room) and no one
seems to care(I'm a senior)
SNIP

I'm also a "senior" and I can assure you that if
you are next to...
Forum: Cruises March 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Dress Down Options for Longer Alaska Cruise

Peg Caldwell-Ott wrote:
A colleague of mine from school and his wife (no children) have been
asking me about possibles for an Alaskan cruise either this summer or
next. Bob is our computer...
Forum: Cruises February 29th, 2008, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 55
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
What would you put on a ship....

nekochan wrote:
Virtual reality games like they have at disneyquest. You put a helmet
on and it feels like you're inside the game.

Bungee jumping

Bring back skeet shooting off the back...
Forum: Cruises February 24th, 2008, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 158
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Smoking on Cruises

Tobie Gerbrandt wrote:

Part of the problem is that you don't know before you go if the people ahead
of your balcony are avid smokers. You say "you don't even have to be on the
same DECK". ...
Forum: Cruises February 24th, 2008, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
which teen program is best - RCCL, princess or celebrity?

D Ball wrote:
On Feb 24, 2:05 pm, nekochan wrote:

Having just come off NCL, I would like to try a different cruise line.
I don't think I would like Carnival or Holland...
Forum: Cruises February 20th, 2008, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
For Ermalee

Looks like your clock is slightly off.
Have a great day,
Cheers,
John in LALALAnd (On the Left Coast)
Forum: Cruises February 10th, 2008, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 32
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Luggage Tags????

chatty cathy wrote:
Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in...
Forum: Cruises February 7th, 2008, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Same-day arrival at LAX?

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:48:17 GMT, AGW
wrote:

Hi, all. We're thinking of the 3-day LA to Vancouver Sapphire Princess
on May...
Forum: Cruises February 3rd, 2008, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 45
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Home from HAL and Veendam

It's 2008 now and "things are a chang'n"
I hope HAL does not get any more frugal, and I
always bring some of my own hot sauce to help some
of the dishes along a bit.
Cheers,
John in...
Forum: Cruises February 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By J Carnaghie[_2_]
Weight limit on NCL Spirit pull down bed

Rob Rosenhouse wrote:

Does any one know the maximum weight allowed on a pull down bed on the NCL
Spirit? One of our traveling companions may be too heavy.

Thanks,
Rob

Dear Rob,
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73