Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Big Jim
Forum: Asia December 14th, 2007, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Big Jim
Vacation In Manila

Hello

For some ideas of what to see in Manila, you could check out my "Manila Day
Tour" video, on this page of my website:
http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos3.htm

In two weeks, you...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Big Jim
A 4 week holiday -- suggestions?

Hello Dave

I used to live in Albury. On the border between NSW and Victoria.

You can accomplish all that in and near there.

- Water sking, fishing etc on the Hume Weir,
- Some very good wineries...
Forum: Asia April 21st, 2007, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Big Jim
Cagayan De Oro/Philippines

Hello Stefan

Unfortunately. the Philippines is not much geared toward disabled people.
They have laws about giving access to disable people but they are not well
enforced. For instance, I have...
Forum: Asia April 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 6
Posted By Big Jim
Travelling to the Philippines from the UK

Hello Mick

Boracay Bill has already told you that you can enter the Philippines through
Cebu international airport.

I have been to CDO twice. I travelled there and back from Cebu City by ship
on...
Forum: Asia March 14th, 2007, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Big Jim
Singapore

This website should have all the answers to your questions about Changi
Airport

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/index.html

"Spencer" wrote in message...
Forum: Asia February 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Big Jim
Manila + Scuba diving

Hello Frank

The Philippines population is 90% catholic and most are not much interested
in Chinese new year.

I have never dived but I have heard that there is good diving at Moalboal on
the...
Forum: Asia February 14th, 2007, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Big Jim
Tourism & Prostitution - Part 2

I am living in Australia, at the moment and prostitution is legal where I
live. It is also legal in many "affluent" places around the globe.

I am not sure what point you are trying to...
Forum: Asia February 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Big Jim
Philippines

Hello Terry

Why southern Philippines in particular? Do you have a girlfriend/fiance on
Mindanao?

I have spent time in several places on Mindanao. I have also spent time on
other islands near...
Forum: Asia January 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Big Jim
australian traveling to philippines Visa Issues

Hello Kevin

Before you arrive in the Philippines, you can arrange a 59 day visa in
advance.

If you don't want to bother arranging a 59 day visa in advance, you will be
given a 21 day visa waiver,...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand November 9th, 2006, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Big Jim
Advice on Autstralia (Sydney & Cairns) trip planning

Hello Alan

I agree about taking public transport instead. I went on my one and only
harbour cruise a few months ago for my sister's 40th birthday. What a waste
of time that was for seeing the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 13th, 2006, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Big Jim
Grape picking or outdoor work in Sydney (or near abouts)

I used to live in Robinvale near Mildura. It is a huge wine grape, sultana
and table grape growing area.

In Robinvale, most wine grapes are machine picked.

Tables grapes are hand picked with...
Forum: Asia August 6th, 2006, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 22
Posted By Big Jim
Favorite Asian destination ?

I agree absolutely with the Philippines.

Some other reasons why the Philippines is for me:
a.. English is an official language
b.. All the street signs are in english
c.. Most advertising and...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 15th, 2006, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8
Posted By Big Jim
best way to pay

Hello Roger and everyone

I don't believe there is any limit on how much cash you can bring into
Australia, so long as you declare it.

All cash transactions within Australia of $10,000 and over...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13