Showing results 1 to 25 of 201
Search took 1.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RICK DAVIS
Forum: Cruises January 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 46
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Questions Regarding Norwegian & Carnival's Tipping Policies

George, We also found out that liquor and wine can be taken by the crew
for their personal use. On several trips we found out that our cabin
stewards drank so we gave them liquor to have. They said...
Forum: Cruises January 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 46
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Questions Regarding Norwegian & Carnival's Tipping Policies

In 21 completed cruises I altered my tip (cabin steward) once. When we
boarded our cabin was filthy. The filth included countertops not wiped
down from previous cruise, dirt, sand & dust on the...
Forum: Cruises January 30th, 2008, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Weight limit on NCL Spirit pull down bed

Bob, I suggest you call NCL directly. If you have a concern for a
person over the weight limit you need to keep in mind a ladder is
necessary to climb to get into the bed. Call them directly and...
Forum: Cruises January 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 46
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Questions Regarding Norwegian & Carnival's Tipping Policies

On Carnival The moment you board the ship your tips are already posted
to your sail and sign account. You can have them removed but the
Pursers Desk will want an explanation as to why. I think too...
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 44
Posted By RICK DAVIS
best shore excursions/activities for San Juan, St Thomas, St...

Hey Charles, I've been to San Juan a number of times. I look at that
port the same way I look at Ocho Rios....I stay on the ship. I've
walked the streets of OSJ many times. To be honest OSJ does...
Forum: Cruises January 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Belize

Goffs Caye is a small football field sized island with nothing on it.
You can walk the entire island in about 5 mins. Surrounding the island
is a reef. Snorkelling is wonderful here. Might be a...
Forum: Cruises January 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 44
Posted By RICK DAVIS
best shore excursions/activities for San Juan, St Thomas, St...

San Juan - Most likely your a night stop. Really wouldn't waste you
time getting off the ship. San Juan at night can be dicey - thats a
nice word for it. There is really nothing to see here. I...
Forum: Cruises January 19th, 2008, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Embarking question

Ellie, I boarded the Liberty on Dec. 8, 2007 (8 Day Eastern Caribbean
Sailing)..
When we got to the terminal about 11:30 AM the line was outside the
terminal. I had VIP boarding so I went directly...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 38
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Just back from 01-04 Explorer of the Seas

Ray, While you only have 5 cruises under your belt your well on your way
to being a cruise expert. I now have 21 cruises under my belt and I
still am learning secrets. I only sailed one Voyager...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 35
Posted By RICK DAVIS
truth about norovirus

The food is so hot on Royal Caribbean (for example) I have burned my
mouth. Just last month on the Carnival Liberty the Health Inspectors
were onboard while we were docked in San Juan. We asked...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2008, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By RICK DAVIS
ship to airport time???

By all means allow for those 2 hours at the airport. I flew out of FLL
on Dec. 17 (1PM Flight) and it took over 1 hour just to check in.
Security was about 20 mins. but it could have been much...
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By RICK DAVIS
2008 Cruise Prices Falling??

On top of the air, add hotel & meals for pre/post cruise stayover.
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Laundry on Carnival

Its amazing how the same line has different procedures ship to ship.
You would think it would be the same fleet wide.
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Help me choose

I don't think I have ever been on a ship and NOT had a creaking sound in
my cabin. I just attribute it to natural sounds while on a moving
vessel.
Forum: Cruises January 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Laundry on Carnival

Neal, They will be open. No ship dumps water in port. Thats a big
fat fib. You report back here what you found to be the case.
Forum: Cruises January 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Laundry on Carnival

Neal, You are allowed to carry soda or water onboard with you. I've
seen people carry a case on with them. As well as wine so long as its
at your embarkation port. You may also carry soda or...
Forum: Cruises January 7th, 2008, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Help me choose

Paul, You have a difficult choice to make. Royal Caribbean is head and
shoulders above NCL Dawn IMO. Longer cruise or far better quality?
Since you have been on both and you don't mind NCL I would...
Forum: Cruises January 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By RICK DAVIS
2008 Cruise Prices Falling??

Brian, Shore excursions and spending money are not an issue for anyone.
Besides we don't do ships excursions. We do them on our own on our time
schedule at a fraction of the cost of the ships...
Forum: Cruises January 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By RICK DAVIS
2008 Cruise Prices Falling??

The train to Florida is not an option. We only have a couple (2) people
who refuse to fly. Getting them on a train to Fla. was just not going
to happen. NY was our best option.

The cost factor...
Forum: Cruises January 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Tuxedo tie question

Earl, That is exacly what I went to 12 years ago. As I mentioned
earlier I gave up the tie for the button cover with matching studs.
Forum: Cruises January 5th, 2008, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By RICK DAVIS
NCL to Carnival

Thanks Tom. I actually thought they were 1 in the same. Learned me
somethin new terday.
Forum: Cruises January 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By RICK DAVIS
NCL to Carnival

Just allow travel time. Sometimes traffic can be at a stand still on
the Turnpike. That simple ride can easily turn into an hour + some
days. If you have no delays its very easy by cab. Just...
Forum: Cruises January 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By RICK DAVIS
2008 Cruise Prices Falling??

Charles, the point of sailing from NYC or NJ was because some members of
the family will not fly. That and because we live so close. We lived
thru 911 first hand up close. Everyone we know lost...
Forum: Cruises January 5th, 2008, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By RICK DAVIS
2008 Cruise Prices Falling??

Not from what I've found. At Christmas Dinner my family opened up
discussions about a family group cruise (what would have been 22 people)
in 2008 - Month of July. I began my internet research (as...
Forum: Cruises January 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By RICK DAVIS
Tuxedo tie question

I solved this problem 12 years ago. I wear matching studs and a onyx &
gold button cover in place of a tie. Wings up or down doesn't matter.
Wings under or over the tie band is a matter of choice. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 201