Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Toller
Forum: Air travel September 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Toller
anyone know about Pilot's standby tickets?

"me" wrote in message
On Sep 12, 3:05 pm, "Toller" wrote:
Our Scout troop is planning...
Forum: Air travel September 12th, 2007, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Toller
anyone know about Pilot's standby tickets?

Our Scout troop is planning a trip next summer. Another father, a pilot for
United, casually mentioned that he could get free standby tickets for the
group; but given the dates and the size of the...
Forum: USA & Canada July 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Toller
Zion hikes; Narrows and Angel's Landing.

I will be in Zion next week for two half days.
I was thinking about doing Narrows at about 3pm the first day, and Landing
the next morning to take advantage of the morning shade.
But the narrows...
Forum: USA & Canada July 11th, 2007, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Toller
Non Muslims Testify

"James Silverton" wrote in message
TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:37:40 -0400:

TM ...
Forum: USA & Canada July 11th, 2007, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Toller
Non Muslims Testify

wrote in message
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA confirms:

"....a mass of detail in the early sources show that he...
Forum: USA & Canada July 6th, 2007, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Toller
Alaska cruise - out of Seattle ?

The roads are not as horrible as people pretend they are. Fly into
Anchorage, rent a car, stay in the numerous B&Bs and fly back from
Fairbanks. You'll enjoy it more.

If you haven't driven...
Forum: USA & Canada July 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Toller
San Francisco Chinese restaurant recommendation?

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message
Our family, all adults, a party of 6 will be looking for a nice,
middle-of-the-road...
Forum: USA & Canada July 5th, 2007, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Toller
Alaska cruise - out of Seattle ?

3 of the 6 days are at sea. I've only ever done the one-way Seward to
Vancouver cruises so wasn't 'doubling back". Looks like lots of 'wasted
time' if cloudy and can't be deck to enjoy...
Forum: USA & Canada June 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Toller
Excuse me!!

How are you going to be after death ?!

Dead?
Forum: USA & Canada June 25th, 2007, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Posted By Toller
San Francisco Restaurant

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:03:07 -0700, Ken Blake
Forum: USA & Canada June 25th, 2007, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Toller
Best cheap hotel in las vegas

"C.d.N.P." wrote in message
hi!

i'm italian, in august i will be in las vegas and i'm looking for a good
Forum: USA & Canada June 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 100
Posted By Toller
Carrying driver's licenses across states?

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
On Jun 19, 10:28 am, "sharx35" wrote:
"Ramon F Herrera"...
Forum: USA & Canada June 19th, 2007, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 100
Posted By Toller
Carrying driver's licenses across states?

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

I keep on hearing unsubstantiated and contradictory information about
using...
Forum: USA & Canada June 19th, 2007, 03:55 PM Posted to sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.consumers,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 144
Posted By Toller
The coming collapse of the US dollar

At this very moment federal printing presses are in hyperdrive but since
Bush has eliminated the M3 report few know the degree of money printing.
Couple that with an enormous balance of trade...
Forum: USA & Canada June 19th, 2007, 05:06 AM Posted to sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.consumers,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 144
Posted By Toller
The coming collapse of the US dollar

"Peter B. P." wrote in message
Toller wrote:

"Useful Info" wrote in...
Forum: USA & Canada June 19th, 2007, 01:04 AM Posted to sci.econ,rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.consumers,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 144
Posted By Toller
The coming collapse of the US dollar

"Useful Info" wrote in message
Read all about it, he http://Muvy.org

I didn't bother to read your link, but...
Forum: USA & Canada June 17th, 2007, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Toller
Why do people sleep in airports? I always see these people on the news...

"rst" wrote in message
Why not just go to a hotel if your flight is canceled- and just fly
the next day?

Fly...
Forum: USA & Canada June 15th, 2007, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Toller
Nova Scotia / Cape Breton question(s)

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. It's our last vacation
before our first kid!

Can't answer your question, but our last vacation (20 years ago September)
was to Bar Harbor...
Forum: USA & Canada June 15th, 2007, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Toller
Things to see near Yosemite

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in message

"ivk" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada June 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Toller
Marriott Resort, Marco Island, Florida

"Newby" wrote in message
Many smaller hotel/motel chains offer free Internet connection.; but not
Marriott.

Can anyone tell me...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered June 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada

"Newby" wrote in message
Many smaller hotel/motel chains offer free Internet connection.; but not
Marriott.

Can anyone tell me...
Forum: USA & Canada June 1st, 2007, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 61
Posted By Toller
Death Valley in August with kids (should I avoid it ?)

"PeterL" wrote in message
On May 31, 3:11 pm, wrote:
On May 31, 9:11 pm, ...
Forum: USA & Canada June 1st, 2007, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 61
Posted By Toller
Death Valley in August with kids (should I avoid it ?)

You need proper clothing, LOTS of water as stated, and also salty
snacks. In extreme conditions, you cannot drink water without salty
snacks. It will kill you.

A few years ago I spent a day...
Forum: USA & Canada May 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Toller
Car hire in Florida

"PeterL" wrote in message
On May 23, 9:25 pm, "BIGEYE" wrote:
My daughter booked a...
Forum: USA & Canada May 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Toller
Angel's Landing - Zion - How late in the day?

I am planning to drive to Zion from Las Vegas, hike Angel's Landing, stay in
Springdale, hike Zion Narrows (short version), and go back to LV.

I expect we will get there too late to miss the heat...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56