Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 1.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JB Shaw
Forum: Cruises October 9th, 2009, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By JB Shaw
lst time cruises

My first one was l972 which a rich man from Ventura County chartered the
original Island Princess to come to Port Hueneme (an hour north of LA)
so almost all the passengers were from that area. We...
Forum: Cruises March 2nd, 2009, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By JB Shaw
Same itinerary twice?

I took a particular Alaska cruise l0 times because I liked the ship and
the people serving on it. I would still be doing it but they went out
of business. All told, I have taken 35 cruises but that...
Forum: Cruises November 20th, 2007, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By JB Shaw
The Best Port Lecturer

I have been on 35 cruises and here is what I want to know about the
port:
l. Are there any unsafe areas or places we should stay clear of?
2. What is the one thing you should try to see or do on...
Forum: Cruises September 22nd, 2007, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 31
Posted By JB Shaw
fear of cruising

Why not get the person to try river cruising? One can cruise on the
Sacramento, Columbia, Mississippi, Danube, Rhine, Thames, Seine,
Shannon, etc. I have been on all of these and land is in sight...
Forum: Cruises September 19th, 2007, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 30
Posted By JB Shaw
Ratings for Princess?

After 36 cruises I can honestly say that as far as I am concerned Regent
(formerly Raddison) is the best and Carnival is the worst.
Forum: Cruises June 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 29
Posted By JB Shaw
Dinner seatings

If all else fails, slip the Maitre 'd $20 - it worked for us!
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2007, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 31
Posted By JB Shaw
Alaska Questions

I have been on l3 Alaska cruises in May, June, July, August and
September and without a doubt the very BEST time to go is in late May or
early June. September is the worst because there is a lot of...
Forum: Cruises August 19th, 2006, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By JB Shaw
Hawaii Cruise

Have taken many cruises but have never cruised from LA to Hawaii and
would sure like to know if I should expect rough seas. The cruise I am
taking is leaving from LA and returning to LA all by...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8