Showing results 1 to 25 of 105
Search took 2.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mrtravel
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By mrtravel
TSA and medication

John wrote:

Do I hear any counter arguments?

Not really, just a suggestion to indicate origin and destination if
asking about security issues, as it does vary by location (even in the US)
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2006, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By mrtravel
Never thought I'd see this....

mag3 wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 03:31:48 GMT, mrtravel wrote:

yaofeng wrote:

I saw that. The carry on size restriction doesn't change so they are
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2006, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By mrtravel
Never thought I'd see this....

yaofeng wrote:

I saw that. The carry on size restriction doesn't change so they are
just empty words. I am sure you know Americans are not known to travel
light. Never have. Likely never...
Forum: Air travel November 13th, 2006, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By mrtravel
Never thought I'd see this....

mag3 wrote:
http://new.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/carry-on.aspx?SID=05CD22AC834045A89CFB9E09F69787F2

Hmmmm. I never knew overhead bins needed any TLC!!!!

That's...
Forum: Air travel November 9th, 2006, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 213
Posted By mrtravel
Legality of not using return portion of airline tickets?

VS wrote:

BTW, all back-to-back cases I've heard of involved airlines (allegedly)
charging travel agencies via debit memos, not suing them in court.

And, contractually, it would then be...
Forum: Air travel November 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By mrtravel
"mrtravel" question

Gregory Morrow wrote:

I don't molest my relatives...

Right, you call it "loving" them
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By mrtravel
Aeroplan Sucks!

Rowen wrote:

Thanks Binyamin and mrtravel.

My employer pay for my trips (not business class of course), so I like
to take my family in the winter, so if I can use points for them it is
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2006, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By mrtravel
757 Landing-On Wrong Runway at Newark Worries Experts

Robert Cohen wrote:

Planes clip at O'Ha

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/126758,ohare110706b.article

Robert Cohen wrote:
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2006, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By mrtravel
"mrtravel" question

Gregory Morrow wrote:

mrtravel wrote:

I was wondering about this nonsense on Sunday as a saw a TSA agent tell
a woman at SNA to throw away two small tubes, because she didn't have...
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2006, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By mrtravel
New rules at EU airports

Rick Blaine wrote:

mrtravel wrote:

The containers must fit into a clear re-sealable plastic bag to be

Why didn't they mention the size of the bag? I would...
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2006, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By mrtravel
DTW question

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

Sadly, there is argument to this, as the TSA's work is not, nor
has been for a couple of years, consistent at all of the airports. If I
have to take my shoes...
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2006, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By mrtravel
Aeroplan Sucks!

Rowen wrote:

I got two reward tickets back in August for December travel.
I used 37,000 points for one ticket and 25,000 points for the other.
I paid $108 per ticket taxes and other...
Forum: Air travel November 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By mrtravel
New rules at EU airports

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

The new EU rules limit passengers to carrying 100 milliliters (a fifth
of a pint) of liquid per container on board planes

mmmm.. 1/5 of a pint... or a little over 3...
Forum: Air travel November 7th, 2006, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By mrtravel
My "mrtravel" issue....

wrote:

mrtravel wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Yawn...what a big friggin' BORE you are...

What a big ****ing idiot YOU are.
Forum: Air travel November 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By mrtravel
Holiday airfares surge

Rick Blaine wrote:
wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/06/news/companies/holiday_fares/index.htm?postversion=2006110617

Bit like running a...
Forum: Air travel November 7th, 2006, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By mrtravel
My "mrtravel" issue....

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Yawn...what a big friggin' BORE you are...

What a big ****ing idiot YOU are.

Man, if you want to say "****ing", say "****ing". What the hell is friggin'?
Forum: Air travel November 7th, 2006, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel
Do you agree with mobile phone bans on planes?

DevilsPGD wrote:

In message
wrote:

ITA. Mobile phones are nothing but a PITA. Anywhere. I'm so sick of
being in the...
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel
Do you agree with mobile phone bans on planes?

wrote:
On 5 Nov 2006 19:20:29 -0800, "Timo Jeranko"
wrote:

Lufthansa has decided to prohibit the use of mobile phones on its
planes. Should other...
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By mrtravel
My British Airways issue....

tim(yet another new home) wrote:

Most companies have policies which attempt to make customers
loyal for life. BA obviously think that this is the wrong policy.

Well, BA is BA... :)
BA...
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By mrtravel
My British Airways issue....

Tchiowa wrote:

Now multiply that by a few million miles and tell me what it comes to.
I personally have received tens of thousands of dollars in free flights
and upgrades. And I don't pay one...
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel
Do you agree with mobile phone bans on planes?

Frank F. Matthews wrote:

It's more fun to just join in on such public conversations. It tends to
be mostly one way unless the person at the other end shouts but can be fun.

Just my thought...
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 394
Posted By mrtravel
Air France? Ptui!

Markku Grönroos wrote:

"Tchiowa" kirjoitti

Very dishonest response. As he said, he did *not*...
Forum: Europe November 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 386
Posted By mrtravel
Air France? Ptui!

Markku Grönroos wrote:

"Tchiowa" kirjoitti

Very dishonest response. As he said, he did *not*...
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 394
Posted By mrtravel
Air France? Ptui!

Tchiowa wrote:

You have to compare it with what is good. A zero deficit is not always
good. Further, comparing it with previous or subsequent administrations
is not necessarily an indicator of...