Showing results 1 to 25 of 229
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sharkbait
Forum: Asia July 23rd, 2009, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Sharkbait
AirAsia

Markku Grönroos wrote in message

But those statistics are for US airlines which mainly operate within
North America. For Air Asia, a better...
Forum: Asia July 22nd, 2009, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Sharkbait
AirAsia

Meant to say; "Pretty much the same I'd say."

rg

"Sharkbait" wrote in message
Chris Blunt wrote in message
Forum: Asia July 22nd, 2009, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Sharkbait
AirAsia

Chris Blunt wrote in message

Air Asia's on-time performance rating for June 2009 was 79%. Its there
on the front page of their web site. That...
Forum: Asia July 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 23
Posted By Sharkbait
AirAsia

Alfred Molon wrote in message

However, since Malaysian Airlines has reduced their fares, AirAsia is
now on average only 10%-20% cheaper...
Forum: Asia July 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Mobile Cards in Cambodia

Correct. - US 14 cents. It seems that the largest company in Cambodia,
which I believe is MobiTel, charges around US 20 cents/minute but not sure
if that information is current. I understand they...
Forum: Asia July 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Mobile Cards in Cambodia

I got some feedback from a hotel that I will be staying at in Siem Reap.
They said that a Metfone prepaid card is good and that calls to the U.S.
would run .14 cents a minute.

rg

Forum: Asia July 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Mobile Cards in Cambodia

Are they expensive? I seem to recall they were and calls, even local calls,
were quite expensive. Thanks in advance.

rg
Forum: Asia July 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Mobile phone cards in Malaysia

Alfred Molon wrote;

FYI, in Malaysia with local prepaid cards for mobile phones (GSM or UMTS
standard) it is possible to make very cheap international calls.

This is good to know for our...
Forum: Asia June 28th, 2009, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharkbait
How Many Days?

Peter Webb wrote;

I got the bus out the next day. Cambodia is a wonderful country, but too
many of their tourist attractions consist of piles of skulls ...

I agree. With no disrespect, we...
Forum: Asia June 26th, 2009, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharkbait
How Many Days?

Peter Webb wrote;

PP is a pretty town. But 3 days/nights should be enough, there isn't that
much to see and must of what there is is unrelentingly depressing -
although everybody should...
Forum: Asia June 26th, 2009, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharkbait
How Many Days?

We have 18 nights to spend in Cambodia. Any recommendations for adding or
deleting days off the following itinerary:

Enter Siem Reap - 5 nights

Phnom Penh - 3 nights

Sihanoukville - 4 nights
Forum: Asia June 22nd, 2009, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Guangzhou to Shatin - Border Crossing - Shatin Hotels

The trip from Guangzhou East Railway Station to Hong Hum station Kowloon
(Hong Kong) was dead simple. We purchased our train tickets at the hotel
for the express train from Guangzhou East Railway...
Forum: Asia June 22nd, 2009, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By Sharkbait
Kep/Kampot Cambodia - Ha Tien Vietnam Border Crossing

Has anyone made this border crossing from Cambodia to Vietnam recently? If
so, please share your experience. Also, can anyone comment on ease of
travel from Ha Tien to Chau Doc? Thanks in...
Forum: Asia June 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Sharkbait
Southeast Cambodia Border Crossings into Vietnam

Gerald Oliver Swift wrote

Plenty of info on these sites:-

http://www.vietnam-travel-guide.net/vietnam-cambodia-border-crossings.html

Forum: Asia June 20th, 2009, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Sharkbait
Southeast Cambodia Border Crossings into Vietnam

I am wondering if anyone on the list has current information of what border
crossings in Vietnam are open from Cambodia for non-Vietnamese citizens
holding a valid Vietnamese entry visa? Thanks...
Forum: Asia June 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Sharkbait
Beachfront Hotel Phan Thiet/Mui Ne to Phu Quoc

So at Alfred's suggestion, we are changing our previous plans to go to Mui
Ne, Vietnam for an extended stay in Cambodia after we depart Siem Reap.
There seems to be much to see in southeast...
Forum: Asia June 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Sharkbait
Beachfront Hotel Phan Thiet/Mui Ne to Phu Quoc

Alfred Molon wrote:

Have you considered a Cambodian or Thai beach, or is that not an option?

I will be in Siem Reap just prior to Vietnam, so Cambodia would be an
option. My concerns would be...
Forum: Asia June 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Sharkbait
Beachfront Hotel Phan Thiet/Mui Ne to Phu Quoc

At the risk of receiving a lot of spam, I am wondering if anyone has had a
particulary enjoyable stay at a beachfront location along one of Vietnam's
southern beaches. I am particularly interested...
Forum: Asia June 14th, 2009, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Sharkbait
Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh

Alfred Molon wrote:

What I did was take the bus to Phnom Penh, then from there fly to
Saigon. Phnom Penh is a pleasant place where to spend one or two days.

Thanks. I was finally able to get...
Forum: Asia June 14th, 2009, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Sharkbait
Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh

It appears that Vietnam Airlines is no longer flying nonstop from Siem Reap
to HCM but only through BKK. Is this true? If so, is there a reliable
long-distance bus service between Siem Reap and...
Forum: Asia April 9th, 2009, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Guangzhou to Shatin - Border Crossing - Shatin Hotels

PeterL wrote;

Train, of course. There is a Shatin station.

Do you know what train number that might be? I cannot seem to find a
schedule that shows all the stops for trains other that the...
Forum: Asia April 8th, 2009, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharkbait
Guangzhou to Shatin - Border Crossing - Shatin Hotels

For a late afternoon trip, what is the best way to travel from Guangzhou to
Shatin (New Territories)? Would train be preferred over bus? There are six
of us, so would minivan and driver be cost...
Forum: Asia March 25th, 2009, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Sharkbait
Guangzhou (Baiyun Airport) Hotels and Transport to Kowloon

Peter L wrote;

"Your best option is to take a bus from the airport to Kowloon. I
don't know what time you arrive but there are plenty of bus options.
Those buses are very comfortable. If you get...
Forum: Asia March 24th, 2009, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Sharkbait
Guangzhou (Baiyun Airport) Hotels and Transport to Kowloon

We are traveling from Guilin to Hong Kong via Guangzhou, saving well over
$250 that it would cost to land at HKIA. We will incur the cost of a hotel
in Guangzhou and trip overland to HK, where we...
Forum: Asia March 21st, 2009, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Sharkbait
Hotel Deposit - Terracotta Resort, Mui Ne, Vietnam

What you both say makes sense and the earlier suggestion of 'googling' the
name of the hotel and location turns up a long string of options. Even
Expedia.com, here in the States, has a 'All...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 229