Showing results 1 to 25 of 234
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Forum: Europe September 29th, 2012, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Transportion to Arles

On Sep 29, 5:47*am, Paul Aubrin wrote:
You can catch the 9H58 train at Roissy TGV station, change train in
Avignon at 13H10 (1H10pm) and reach Arles at 14H20 (2H20pm). 66...
Forum: USA & Canada April 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Connecting through SEA

On Apr 26, 7:29*pm, John Levine wrote:
Icelandair uses gates in the south satellite:

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Flights-Airlines/Airlines/Pages/de...

Unless...
Forum: USA & Canada April 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Connecting through SEA

I will be flying through SeaTac, arriving from SFO on Alaska Airlines
to connect to an Icelandic flight to Reykjavik. Does this all happen
airside of the TSA, or do I have to go through a second...
Forum: Asia February 12th, 2012, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

On Feb 12, 2:34*pm, DevilsPGD wrote:
Also don't forget to enjoy your patdowns from now on, lest you once
again demonstrate your terrorist indicators in public:
Forum: Asia February 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

On Feb 12, 9:48*am, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Fly Guy says...

All these issues aside, I say that this whole ban on liquids is a...
Forum: Asia February 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

On Feb 12, 5:58*am, Fly Guy wrote:
Was there such screening (like a metal-detection arch and x-ray scanner
for hand luggage) located right at the gate?
There were no metal...
Forum: Asia February 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

Are there any rules that say drinks purchased airside cannot be
brought on board? Should passengers generally be aware of this
prohibition? Or does this only apply to nonalcoholic...
Forum: Air travel December 13th, 2011, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
TSA thought woman's back brace was a money belt

On Dec 12, 8:28*am, Irwell wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:42:32 -0500, Fly Guy wrote:

The TSA denied that any strip-search ever took place, adding that they
"truly regret...
Forum: Europe August 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Glacier Express

As long as we are on the subject, I will be skiing in Zermatt toward
the end of February. It looks like I can make a day trip by taking
the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur, and then taking the...
Forum: Europe August 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Citibank chip-and-pin cards

On Aug 17, 4:59*am, Chris Blunt wrote:
Probably because it's no use individual credit card issuers acting
alone. It needs the whole industry in each country to agree to issue
Forum: Europe August 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Citibank chip-and-pin cards

Does anyone know why Citi does not make chip-and-pin cards available
to US-based customers? Their advertising in Asia and Europe (and
probably the rest of the world) show that chip-and-pin is...
Forum: Europe May 31st, 2011, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Snail Mail in Europe.

On May 30, 2:09*pm, David Hatunen wrote:
A standard letter in the USA costs $0.44, or about EUR 0.31. This rate
will apply to a letter sent from Maine in the extreme northeast...
Forum: Europe May 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Hotel in Rome

On May 20, 11:28*am, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

TIA,

--Jean
I just...
Forum: Europe May 23rd, 2011, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Hotel in Rome

On May 22, 6:48*am, (Poetic Justice) wrote:
*By US City standards even the Termini (train station) area is extremely
safe and fairly clean but not romantic or beautiful.
Forum: Europe May 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Hotel in Rome

On May 20, 11:28*am, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

We were very happy with...
Forum: Europe April 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
2nd security check?

On Apr 29, 10:30*am, Erilar wrote:
In the past, unless I've wandered out of the transit area on connecting
flights, I haven't had to go through the whole security...
Forum: Europe April 28th, 2011, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
CDG Airport Terminal Connections

On Apr 27, 2:16*pm, Ken Blake wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:55:13 +0200, "Runge 128"
wrote:

If you arrive on time you have quite enough time,...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2011, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Why the sudden flap about sleeping controllers?

On Apr 18, 2:57*pm, Bert Hyman wrote:

So your idea of competition really does involves killing your
competitors.

Thanks for the warning.
I never said that. You may...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2011, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Why the sudden flap about sleeping controllers?

On Apr 18, 1:14*pm, Bert Hyman wrote:
I can see why you're troubled
I never denied that

and confused.
I disagree with this.
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Why the sudden flap about sleeping controllers?

On Apr 18, 12:23*pm, Bert Hyman wrote:

and we can let the market place decide which planes get to use the
skies and the runways. *

Sure.
Better yet, we could extend...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Why the sudden flap about sleeping controllers?

On Apr 18, 8:24*am, Bert Hyman wrote:
As I said, the problems existed for as long as there have been human
controllers.

The current flap is being presented as if it's a...
Forum: Air travel April 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Connecting through LAX

On Apr 15, 8:01*pm, John Levine wrote:
AA used to have a bus inside the terminal 4 connecting with the Tom
Bradley International Terminal because of Qantas' flights; they
Forum: Asia April 15th, 2011, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Transit visa needed for SGN?

On Apr 6, 9:22*am, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
You need a new travel agent!
Our agent knew and confirmed that we would not need a visa since we
were only transiting through...
Forum: Air travel April 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Connecting through LAX

On Apr 13, 10:32*am, John Levine wrote:
*The
terminals are adjacent to each other and it's much faster to walk
Is...
Forum: Air travel April 13th, 2011, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Connecting through LAX

I will be going SJC-LAX on American, connecting to a Cathay Pacific
flight LAX-HKG. Is there a way to make the domestic-to-international
connection in LAX on the air side of security, or will I have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 234