Showing results 1 to 25 of 111
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kenn Smith
Forum: Cruises May 16th, 2013, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Kenn Smith
back from cruise

I agree with Willma; if you're on a good ship with a good crew 14 days
isn't too long. In late '09 we flew from Austin TX to Sydney - that's a
LOT of hours in the air and terminals; flew 1st class...
Forum: Cruises April 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenn Smith
New Input Request On 'Casual' ....

If by "Regent" you mean Regents Seven Seas I think that you will find
that on cruises of two weeks or less they have abandoned formal
entirely. Sport coats and open collar shirts are appropriate for...
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2012, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Kenn Smith
Costa throws Capt under the bus..

Can't blame them. I would most likely do the same thing in the same
position. So far as throwing him under the bus/ship, I think he was
already under there just waiting for it to slide off into the...
Forum: Cruises June 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By Kenn Smith
Princess

I agree with Janet - take a lot of entertainment stuff with you, it is a
veeery long flight. (a sleeping pill might help.) On our Quantas flight
in November of 2009 it was a late night (11:15 PM)...
Forum: Cruises March 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 98
Posted By Kenn Smith
I Never Thought I'd Say This, But...

I think that a lot of statements being made in this thread are made as
absolutes when there is insufficient evidence to back up the absolute.
"cpaps are a medical necessity", "cpaps are not a medical...
Forum: Cruises November 30th, 2010, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 70
Posted By Kenn Smith
Spam

The short answer to Surfer's question about getting rid of spam on WebTV
is . . . you can't. I allowed my two primary addresses to fill up with
spam - over 1,500 on one and 900 on the other - and...
Forum: Cruises November 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By Kenn Smith
US Navy airlifting supplies to Carnival ship

Sorry, folks, didn't mean to start a war. I was simply commenting that
underway hookups aren't that difficult _if_ both ships are rigged for
it. I've been on fleet oilers and high speed...
Forum: Cruises November 10th, 2010, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By Kenn Smith
US Navy airlifting supplies to Carnival ship

The US Navy does it al of the time. Of course _both_ ship, or all three
in some cases, are rigged for underway replenishment. I doubt that
Carnival ships are so rigged.
Forum: Cruises August 19th, 2010, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenn Smith
KMAGYOYO

Yours and Diana's have been some of the very few posts I have enjoyed
reading. Too bad.

If you're ever up in Copperas Cove (80 miles north of you) give me a
call and we'll have lunch or a drink. ...
Forum: Cruises August 7th, 2010, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Kenn Smith
Bon Voyage, Diana Ball

Dianna and husband board tomorrow for their cruise. A tropical storm is
taking dead aim on Bermuda, probably will hit tomorrow. They could have
an interesting crossing.
Forum: Cruises June 10th, 2010, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 61
Posted By Kenn Smith
passport needed or not for Caribbean cruise?

I would not set foot outside the US without a valid passport in my
possession.
Forum: Cruises June 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By Kenn Smith
avoiding airfare for cruise?

Margaret, while looking for a cruise line check out Regents Seven Seas,
your planned schedule coincides (I think) with the start of their
Caribbean cruise schedule.

We took our first cruise with...
Forum: Cruises May 29th, 2010, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Kenn Smith
Missing the Clueboat, John

Well, Tom, there's gallows humor.
Forum: Cruises May 27th, 2010, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Kenn Smith
It' the money

Well, you gotta' give John credit. He's managed to get his signature
line out 13 times (thus far) in this one thread.
Forum: Cruises April 13th, 2010, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Kenn Smith
Victoria, BC and passport stamp question..ALL

Not particulary germaine to Marcia's question but when we were in New
Zealand last December it required original photo ID to get past port
security to return to the ship. Photocopies of the picture...
Forum: Cruises March 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 37
Posted By Kenn Smith
Question about Belize

I think that Charles failed to understand that the -2 in y=x-2
represents a two hour safety zone for just such eventualities as he
mentioned. If you would be more comforable with x-3 then do...
Forum: Cruises March 18th, 2010, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 37
Posted By Kenn Smith
Question about Belize

I don't see that local time or ship's time makes much difference. You
know that the ship's in port time is x hours so you allow your excursion
time as y hours and y = (x-2). You have a watch. You...
Forum: Cruises March 2nd, 2010, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By Kenn Smith
Princess Cruise shipboard account question

If this thread did nothing else it established that there are no
universal truths regarding on board credits. On our recent Regents
cruise we had a few dollars of on board credit remaining and...
Forum: Cruises February 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenn Smith
Current passport turnaround time 3 weeks

Sue, if he's at Lost Pines Resort he is about 30 miles east of Austin in
Bastrop. It is a lovely resort with a great golf course, but it's too
cold for normal humans to play right now - highs in the...
Forum: Cruises January 20th, 2010, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenn Smith
Airlines raising bag fees

We were considering flying from Central Texas to Seattle this fall to
visit our son and dil. With the extra fees and airport hassle we've
decided it is more desirable to have a long, leisurely trip...
Forum: Cruises January 14th, 2010, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 28
Posted By Kenn Smith
Forced Tipping er: Service Charge on NCL

I guess it varies from line to line and possibly even from ship to ship
within a line. We were on Regents Mariner late November-early December
and they have a "no tipping policy". We found the...
Forum: Cruises December 31st, 2009, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Kenn Smith
Security time at FLL

I'm guessing that it won't be all that bad. Our son and dil flew back
to Seattle from Austin Sunday afternoon and he said that it took about
30 minutes longer than usual to get through security. ...
Forum: Cruises December 16th, 2009, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Kenn Smith
LA - Australia - LA without using Air

I suspect that in setting their 2011 prices they are betting on ecomonic
models which show an improvement in the world economy, an increase in
travel and especially an increase in business travel. ...
Forum: Cruises December 15th, 2009, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Kenn Smith
LA - Australia - LA without using Air

Ray, I haven't looked at Regents outyear prices but ours were $999 per
leg.
Forum: Cruises December 15th, 2009, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Kenn Smith
LA - Australia - LA without using Air

I know that Sydney - LA is easily done on Regents. We disembarked the
Mariner in Auckland on Dec 3rd and her next segment was a 17 day run to
LA with a couple of island stops en route, Tahiti and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 111