Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 1.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Gardner
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM Posted to aus.aviation,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Gardner
Ten Plane Crashes That Changed Aviation

Doesn't anyone believe in copyright protection anymore? Who gave you
permission to republish this copyrighted material?

Bob Gardner

"Ned" wrote in message...
Forum: USA & Canada February 12th, 2007, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 51
Posted By Bob Gardner
Portland, OR ideas

With that much time, you will be able to "do" Mount St. Helens, the Columbia
River Gorge, the Oregon Coast down as far as you can go without entering
California, and see lots of goodies in Portland...
Forum: USA & Canada February 9th, 2007, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Gardner
Website documenting airline actual delays?

There are so many factors involved in arrival time that this obsession with
"on time" seems silly to me. Airplanes enroute to the same destination
cannot pass one another the way we do when...
Forum: USA & Canada February 4th, 2007, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 33
Posted By Bob Gardner
Driving from San Francisco to San Diego in Late Feb

If you drive down the Pacific Coast Highway (1), you will go right past Half
Moon Bay airport, if you want airplane pix. Other than that, count on a slow
but scenic drive.

Bob Gardner

"DrDad"...
Forum: USA & Canada February 1st, 2007, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Gardner
Driving to Portland, Oregon from California (April 07) with kids - Need Ideas

I second the Grant's Pass/jet boat suggestion. We have done it only from the
other end (Gold Beach), but agree that it is a great adventure for kids and
a good break in the drive. We drive...
Forum: USA & Canada January 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ba.transportation,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 288
Posted By Bob Gardner
LA Times: U.S. Love Affair With The Car Ending

I was bemused by the mention of hybrids in the president's speech....when
you cut off the tax benefit after only 60,000 cars have been sold, you're
not doing too much to help.

Bob Gardner

"SMS"...
Forum: USA & Canada January 6th, 2007, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Gardner
Why I love Seattle - my adopted city

I hope that common sense will prevail, and that the state will build another
elevated highway. Take down the viaduct and, believe me, the developers will
be all over that area putting up condos...
Forum: USA & Canada January 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Gardner
Why I love Seattle - my adopted city

Despite the snow, wind, and rainstorms that have affected the Northwest this
winter, we still see people (not all of them kids) wearing shorts and
flip-flops. One of the cable channels made note of...
Forum: USA & Canada November 17th, 2006, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Gardner
Traveling to New England -- need to rent a car?

I agree. The train is so convenient, the idea of taking a bus would never
occur to me.

Bob Gardner

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message...
Forum: USA & Canada November 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Gardner
Wireless access in cheap or midprice US motels?

Best Western says that they have wi-fi in all of their locations, and in my
experience that is true. Might need a ethernet cable (they supply) or might
be wireless, or both.

Bob...
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2006, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Gardner
Driving across Montana in the winter

We took a "Yellowstone in Winter" tour this past February and our bus got as
far as West Yellowstone. From that point on, it was contractor-operated
SnoCats or rented snowmobiles. Beautiful time of...
Forum: USA & Canada October 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Gardner
Oregon coast this coming long wkend

We like Bandon (especially the Bandon Bakery). Depoe Bay and Florence are
also interesting. You don't say which part of the coast you will be
exploring, but in my experience three days should be...
Forum: USA & Canada October 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Gardner
Lure of the open road

I hope that you live in the upper midwest, where most of the RV
manufacturers are located. Elkhart, Indiana is a good place to start, but
buy copies of Motor Home and Trailer Life magazines to get...
Forum: USA & Canada October 1st, 2006, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Gardner
Seattle to San Francisco Road Trip Help

We take 101 when there is a chance of snow in the Siskiyous. We leave a lot
earlier than noon, though. Hard to guess how far you will get the first
day...we have made it back from SFO (on the...
Forum: USA & Canada September 7th, 2006, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 41
Posted By Bob Gardner
San Diego Information

Go to www.fodors.com. Register (free) and post your question in the US
section.

Bob Gardner

"Ken Blake" wrote in message...
Forum: USA & Canada August 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob Gardner
Quick stop in Yosemite, where to see

If you come up from the south, bear in mind that it will take you an hour to
get from the park boundary to Yosemite Village. It's a BIG park.

Bob Gardner

"Question Mark" ...
Forum: USA & Canada July 29th, 2006, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Gardner
Drive from Virginia to Seattle/ Quick note about Vancouver, BC

We make the drive from Seattle to Oshkosh, WI quite frequently, and we think
that 94 is much more scenic than 90. You made a good choice.

Bob Gardner

"Abdellah Elamiri" ...
Forum: USA & Canada July 25th, 2006, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob Gardner
Food on North American Airplanes?

From what little observation I have done, there has been a total paradigm
shift.....most large airports now have outlets that sell food to be eaten on
board. You can buy a salad, a sandwich,...
Forum: USA & Canada July 20th, 2006, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Gardner
Glacier Lake International Park

Because there are a lot of glaciers there?

Glacier/Waterton is one huge park with an international boundary running
through it. The name changes at the boundary.

Bob Gardner

"Sapphyre"...
Forum: USA & Canada July 9th, 2006, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Gardner
cab far yvr - downtown vancouver

CBUT did a bit recently about the comparative shortage of cabs in Vancouver
compared to other cities. Established businesses do not want any
competition, and they apparently do not want to buy more...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20