Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Nightingale
Forum: Air travel April 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Kangaroo Island Wilderness

I am still possed about going to Magnetic Island, near Townsville (I
think) years ago and didn't see any magnets.

The island is a magnet. Take a compass with you next time. It will
behave very...
Forum: Air travel March 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Court overturns air passenger rights law

A federal appeals court has rejected a law requiring airlines to
provide
food, water, clean toilets and fresh air to passengers trapped in a
plane delayed on the ground.

I wonder if...
Forum: Europe March 16th, 2008, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Hotel guides for Switzerland and Italy?

Some random thoughts on this thread. I've wandered around Italy by
public transport on several long trips. The trains are easy to find out
about and go a lot of places but not everywhere. Often...
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
unable to get seat assignment at Cathay Pacific

I booked tickets flying with Cathay Pacific indirectly (through
Trailfinders). I wasn't given any information in advance about online
check-in, nor the name of CP's own website, but looked it up...
Forum: Air travel November 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
how many airlines / types of planes have outlets?

Ryanair supposedly even considered
not having reclining seats to save money.

They have taken this step. I flew back from Treviso with Ryanair about a
month ago and asked how to recline the seat...
Forum: USA & Canada October 27th, 2007, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Advice request for LA

Andrew: If you are arriving by train it would drop you right in
downtown LA. What's your budget for hotels?

A flexible limit of $200 US per night for accommodation only and a hard
limit of...
Forum: USA & Canada October 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Advice request for LA

This thread caught my eye when I was asking about Hawaii. I am going on
to LA after Hawaii (and San Francisco). I am coming in from San
Francisco and out to New Orleans by train but am in LA for 7...
Forum: USA & Canada October 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM Posted to hawaii.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Hawaii transport other than private cars

As the original OP I thank the various posters to this thread. With only
6 nights on the island, and realizing from the evidence supplied how
much there is on the island, I have decided that it is...
Forum: USA & Canada October 21st, 2007, 01:19 AM Posted to hawaii.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Hawaii transport other than private cars

I am visiting the big island of Hawaii in January on a RTW trip from the
UK. I would like to stay in Kona for 3 nights and Hilo for 3 nights. I
do not drive. (I am thinking of the "Seaside"...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 28th, 2007, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.support.diabetes,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
OT/ Rail Travel in Australia

Last year, I took the train from Brisbane to Sydney, breaking the
journey at Coffs Harbour, where the train comes close to the sea. Cooks
timetable indicates a rail distance of 987 Km from Brisbane...
Forum: Air travel January 23rd, 2007, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Flight from London to Sydney with breaks

I intend to fly from the London area of the UK to Sydney, Australia to
arrive in Sydney on 5th April and leave Sydney for the UK on 30th April.
I would like to break the journey in each direction...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Flight to Sydney from UK with breaks

I intend to fly from the London area of the UK to Sydney to arrive in
Sydney on 5th April and leave Sydney for the UK on 30th April. I would
like to break the journey in each direction for a night...
Forum: Europe December 20th, 2006, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Paris New Year's Eve and pre-Christmas

"LordAvalon" wrote
Office de Tourisme de Paris's site to get informed of seasonal events.
And voilą! http://en.parisinfo.com/rub8282.html

Now that is great. I'd had a quick glance at the Paris...
Forum: Europe December 19th, 2006, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Paris New Year's Eve and pre-Christmas

To "Magda". Thanks for telling me where I can see NYE fireworks in Paris
(from Champs Elysees) . I have made a note.

I've visited Paris several times over the last 50 years (though not in
the last...
Forum: Europe December 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
Paris New Year's Eve and pre-Christmas

I will have a few days before Christmas in Paris and also New Year's Eve
and around. Are there firework displays or similar on New Year's Eve in
Paris? Where to see them? Anything particular sights...
Forum: Europe October 31st, 2006, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Nightingale
'Tourists fleeced by foreign clinics'

afaik, only EU countries have a reciprocal healthcare agreement.. id
ias was
travelling to Oz, I would expect to need my own insurance, which
either pays
direct, or on a claim back...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16