Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John B
Forum: Europe January 20th, 2009, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,uk.railway
Replies: 24
Posted By John B
How to survive a plane crash

On Jan 20, 11:05*am, Roland Perry wrote:
I wonder what projects we are *gung-ho about today will be the white
elephants of the 2030's? Crossrail *and HS2 are prime...
Forum: Air travel January 20th, 2009, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,uk.railway
Replies: 24
Posted By John B
How to survive a plane crash

On Jan 20, 11:05*am, Roland Perry wrote:
I wonder what projects we are *gung-ho about today will be the white
elephants of the 2030's? Crossrail *and HS2 are prime...
Forum: Europe January 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,uk.railway
Replies: 24
Posted By John B
How to survive a plane crash

On Jan 20, 8:36*am, Roland Perry wrote:
As best I understand it, on a deaths per passenger mile basis, or most
any other reasonable measure, the Concorde ranks far worse...
Forum: Air travel January 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,uk.railway
Replies: 24
Posted By John B
How to survive a plane crash

On Jan 20, 8:36*am, Roland Perry wrote:
As best I understand it, on a deaths per passenger mile basis, or most
any other reasonable measure, the Concorde ranks far worse...
Forum: Air travel January 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,uk.railway
Replies: 24
Posted By John B
How to survive a plane crash

On Jan 16, 6:53*pm, "Recliner" wrote:
So for a journey from London to Glasgow, air travel is safer than
train?

I would have thought so, and not just...
Forum: Europe January 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,uk.railway
Replies: 24
Posted By John B
How to survive a plane crash

On Jan 16, 6:53*pm, "Recliner" wrote:
So for a journey from London to Glasgow, air travel is safer than
train?

I would have thought so, and not just...
Forum: Europe June 4th, 2008, 01:43 AM Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics.immigration,uk.transport.london
Replies: 34
Posted By John B
838 violent incidents in 107 days on London buses

On Jun 3, 11:55 pm, Road taco wrote:
If concealed carrying of pistols were legal in England and I had one,
then it would've been no help against the chap who mugged me...
Forum: Europe June 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics.immigration,uk.transport.london
Replies: 34
Posted By John B
838 violent incidents in 107 days on London buses

On 1 Jun, 09:15, strabo wrote:
Seems pretty reasonable - with 2-3 million bus passengers per day (c.
2 billion journeys per year, most of which are returns), a...
Forum: Europe May 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics.immigration,uk.transport.london
Replies: 34
Posted By John B
838 violent incidents in 107 days on London buses

On 29 May, 12:03, wrote:
The scale of violence on London's buses is revealed today. An average
of eight crimes such as stabbings, sexual assaults and beatings...
Forum: Europe May 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics.immigration,uk.transport.london
Replies: 34
Posted By John B
838 violent incidents in 107 days on London buses

On 28 May, 12:01, Andrew Thomas
wrote:
The scale of violence on London's buses is revealed today. An average
of eight crimes such as stabbings,...
Forum: Europe May 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics.immigration,uk.transport.london
Replies: 34
Posted By John B
838 violent incidents in 107 days on London buses