Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David[_16_]
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered January 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By David[_16_]
Flying with liquid medicine on a domestic UK flight.

Hi
My daughter is to take a UK domestic flight and intended to take only a
carry on hand case.
"ESSENTIAL MEDICINES for the period of the trip may be permitted in larger
quantities above the 100ml...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered December 9th, 2010, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By David[_16_]
Need travel help - Europe

"smith" wrote in message
Need travel help - Europe / Spain

We are a family from the US.

Forum: Travel - anything else not covered December 5th, 2010, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By David[_16_]
Alternative NG to this?

Not much posted in this NG any recommendation for a busier one on travel in
say Europe?
Regards
David
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered November 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By David[_16_]
OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

"Pete Zahut" wrote in message
I don't know why you're surprised at a charge of 10 quid for 24 hours.
Here
in the UK,...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered November 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By David[_16_]
OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

Further to my previous posting I have now found out that the Hotel Melia,
Benidorm will charge me 12 euro 24 hours. ie about £10 !
For a week looks like £70.
Anyone stayed at one of the Melia/Sol...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered June 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By David[_16_]
Anyone had a package from Thomson or First Choice to Fuerteventura?

Both are part of Tui Thomson platinum and First Choice Premier both use the
same Princess hotel complex in Jandia.
The main difference in travel is Thomson promise the transferring coach will
call...
Forum: Europe February 15th, 2010, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 274
Posted By David[_16_]
No Top Sheet in Europe

"Tim C." wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:30:42 -0500, Cathy L wrote in post :
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2010, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 274
Posted By David[_16_]
No Top Sheet in Europe

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:

Can I use my American electric blanket in Europe?
--

If you got...
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Why don't they use top sheets in most hotels in Europe?

You sleep under the duvet which has...
Forum: Europe February 10th, 2010, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By David[_16_]
Lomdon in August

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
In several countries in Europe (Italy and France, for example), August
is a...
Forum: Europe February 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM Posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 41
Posted By David[_16_]
Fwench PM says man with "burqa" wife has no place in Fwance

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
Fwench PM says man with "burqa" wife has no place in Fwance

Wed...
Forum: Europe February 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 185
Posted By David[_16_]
Wales is a country

"Tim C." wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 02:06:07 -0800 (PST), Surreyman wrote in post :
Forum: Europe February 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 185
Posted By David[_16_]
Wales is a country

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own Governments.
Here in England we do not, we are under the UK Government which has MPs in
Westminster from all 4 counties.
The political correct...
Forum: Europe February 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By David[_16_]
Ibiza to Formentera passenger ferries. Summer 2010

Last year we flew into Ibiza, into a taxi then caught the ferry to the near
by island of Formentera.
The prices were very high, we got a slight reduction because of our senior
age.
For the return...
Forum: Europe December 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By David[_16_]
Pork / Beef farms contaminated with toxic feed.....hmmm dioxin.....

"Crisis what crisis" wrote in message
Beef farms contaminated with toxic feed

By Sarah...
Forum: Europe November 21st, 2008, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By David[_16_]
Childbirth onboard

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

Do they allow women to travel on planes in the 9th month of pregnancy?
--

Must do, if see...
Forum: Europe November 19th, 2008, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe

"Frank Hucklenbroich"

Compared to that, at the Teide in Tenerife you can actually walk around by
yourself and it's not so crowded.

Long queues for Lift, when we there, hours it seemed.
--...
Forum: Europe November 18th, 2008, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By David[_16_]
Canaries?

"Frank Hucklenbroich" wrote in

The volcanic landscape is quite interesting, but you'll have lots and lots
of tourists. I was there about 5 years ago in February (=off...
Forum: Europe November 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By David[_16_]
Phone with SIM Eire and UK

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:40:22 -0000, "David" wrote:

"Martin"...
Forum: Europe November 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By David[_16_]
Phone with SIM Eire and UK

"Martin" wrote in

and not the whole of Ireland?
--

Not sure what you asking here.

There are 2 countries involved.
I'm stood in one, N. Ireland which is in the UK and I...
Forum: Europe November 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By David[_16_]
Phone with SIM Eire and UK

"Alan S" wrote in message

You will have to decide from where you will be making the most calls, and
to where. If by Eire you mean the republic, then calls from an Ireland...
Forum: Europe November 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By David[_16_]
Passengers to be charged for extra legroom

"Mel Amine" wrote in message
Forum: Air travel November 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By David[_16_]
Passengers to be charged for extra legroom

"Mel Amine" wrote in message
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By David[_16_]
Thomas Cook - Formentera

Could not find Formentera on TC web site, I know they have holidays there
from the UK as I saw their rep and they had guests in my hotel. I had
booked flight only and hotel direct because of not...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By David[_16_]
Formentera Congestion Charge

Just got back.
Paid the 4euro a few times.
Found in September the person not there to take money prior to 9am
In October not there before 10am.
In September the local circular bus timetable said one...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30