Showing results 1 to 25 of 137
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen Selwyn
Forum: Europe March 23rd, 2007, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Leaving luggage in Florence

How recent is your experience? My understanding is that storage lockers
are becoming/have become a thing of the past with new security regulations.

Karen Selwyn

Ian Burton wrote:
"Karen Selwyn"...
Forum: Europe March 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Leaving luggage in Florence

Paul Siu wrote:

We are planning to have a honeymoon in Italy. The first leg of the trip
will be in Venice. Afterwards, we were planning to take a trip from Venice
Forum: Europe March 19th, 2007, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 138
Posted By Karen Selwyn
BA sat corpse in first class

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

No "proper plans in place"? How often does ANY airline have a passenger
die in transit? (It really doesn't seem the sort of event for which
advance...
Forum: Air travel March 19th, 2007, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 133
Posted By Karen Selwyn
BA sat corpse in first class

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

No "proper plans in place"? How often does ANY airline have a passenger
die in transit? (It really doesn't seem the sort of event for which
advance...
Forum: Europe March 17th, 2007, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Italy: Dolomites & Umbria recommendations

Michael Badt wrote:

Hi,
This June we'll spend a week at the Dolomites (base: Madonna di
Campiglio)
and another week in Umbria (Base: Assisi). We'll have a car. Being a
photo & nature...
Forum: Europe March 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

Michael Badt wrote:
Hi,
This June we'll spend a week at the Dolomites (base: Madonna di Campiglio)
and another week in Umbria (Base: Assisi). We'll have a car. Being a
photo & nature...
Forum: Europe March 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Lots of questions about Paris

singlemalt wrote:

Mephisto shoes are sold in stores other than the dedicated store in
Montparnasse.

I have been to some of the others. I found this store through the
Forum: Europe March 9th, 2007, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Lots of questions about Paris

singlemalt wrote:

I don't shop for much but maybe a very corny t-shirt, and they are in
abundance, or for a pair of Mephisto shoes. They used to be 100$ cheaper in
France than in the US. ...
Forum: Europe March 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 24
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Train from Venice to Portovenere

Giovanni Drogo wrote:

Actually I'd suggest
going to Lerici (on the other site of the La Spezia gulf, closer to
Lucca), having a short visit, then taking a boat through the gulf to
Forum: Cruises March 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Playa Del Carman Have A Port??

Brian K wrote:

I always thought that Calica was just an industrial port for cargo
boats. When was it kitted out for cruiseliners?

I think Celebrity has been stopping there for about seven...
Forum: Cruises March 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 17
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Refund hassles on cruise

surf_dude wrote:

How could they possibly know what paperwork is required if no one tells
them?

Have you read all the paperwork the travel agency and/or cruise line
supplied? If not, I...
Forum: Europe March 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 29
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Splitting time: Provence vs French Riviera

Miss L. Toe wrote:

I would split 9 and 0
maybe 8 and 1 if you really must see 'it'.
which part of the Riviera are you attracted to ?
Monaco although debatably French is worth 0.5 to 1 day...
Forum: Cruises February 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 29
Posted By Karen Selwyn
New Cruiser--What Are The Negatives?

Capt Mary Kidd wrote:

However I don't believe the photographers are employed by NCL? Isn't the
photographic department a concession?

You're probably right about the photographers being a...
Forum: Cruises February 28th, 2007, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 29
Posted By Karen Selwyn
New Cruiser--What Are The Negatives?

Odysseus wrote:

... forced photo. The same thing happens getting off the
ship in ports of call. There is no way to bypass the photo station. You
have to wait in line even if you...
Forum: Europe February 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Trip to Italy in July take 2

In Umbria, there are fewer roads, generally, and fewer high speed
highways than in Tuscany. In addition, there are few route markers along
these smaller roads. Therefore, even though your map may...
Forum: Europe February 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Trip to Italy in July take 2

Paul Siu wrote:

As for Umbria, I am not sure which city to visit or where to stay. My first
thought would be to stay and Spello and visit various city. My thought is
that I should visit...
Forum: Cruises February 25th, 2007, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Cruise from Venice flight question

Milan is worth one day, but not more. If you're into art and
architecture, you'll want to tour the cathedral (duomo) and see the
refectory with da Vinci's painting of "The Last Supper." If you're...
Forum: Cruises February 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 17
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Cruise newbie - a couple more questions

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Priority is given to disembarking passengers who remove their own
luggage.

Not all cruise lines do this.

This is also a function of the terminal at which...
Forum: Cruises February 19th, 2007, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Karen Selwyn
ncl cruise line (pearl)

Cruise Crazy wrote:

The charge for the specialty restaurants on NCL is now $30 per person.
NCL is a low cost line and remember the old adage..."You get what you
pay for". You pay upfront for...
Forum: Cruises February 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Karen Selwyn
ncl cruise line (pearl)

Splenda wrote:

"WE" is 2 and my facts are correct. "We" were on the NCL Spirit October
2007. The charge per person was $25 AND the "Steak House" had 2 menus and if
we ordered French Onion...
Forum: Cruises February 18th, 2007, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Karen Selwyn
ncl cruise line (pearl)

Splenda wrote:

NCL would have to pay ME to take another cruise with them.
I call it the 'bait and switch cruise line' because if we wanted good food
and service we had to pay $50 or more to...
Forum: Cruises February 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Bermuda with NCL ?

LVTravel wrote:

If you have been on Celebrity and HAL you will probably not
like the service on NCL. The food has gone downhill in
recent years and with "freestyle" cruising you will not...
Forum: Europe February 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By Karen Selwyn
London Gatwick to Marriott Grosvenor Square

Deeply Filled Mortician wrote:

I think that's probably more connected to your desire for adventure. I
love being surrounded by bizzareness from time to time, and getting
lost is an...
Forum: Cruises February 5th, 2007, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen Selwyn
NCL Jewel, cuise ship info and shore excursions;

wrote:

The size issue impacts the food. When you have over 3,000 people on
board, you need to think in terms of institutional food preparation.

Desserts are...
Forum: Cruises February 3rd, 2007, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 36
Posted By Karen Selwyn
Ready to Go!!!

Cal Ford wrote:
Interesting report Ray .......
Have to check on this further. We have never had a problem with one regular
carryon plus a purse lunch bag, etc.

Perhaps you were the victim...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 137