Old May 8th, 2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
colin.

Default strip searched

"JA_MORAN" wrote in message
I am not going to jail, just trying to get on a plane to get someplace...

was at airport this morning with stuff I am used to traveling with and got
pulled aside for a "strip search" or "special screening"

I had a laptop, video camera, and computer cables... nothing unusual about
that stuff.... also a small electronic screwdriver set...

I also took a shortwave radio and scanner radio plus a power inverter..

take off my shoes... I said htey were brand new.... had to take them off
anyway

I have a letter in process to complain as this does not make me safe
it makes me feel uncomfortable that they feel the need to do this to
everyone

JOHN

If that bothers you, don't fly. I've been properly strip searched in an
airport, and I can assure you it involves taking off a lot more than your
(new or otherwise) shoes.

Hopefully whomever you complained to will tell you to **** off.