Old April 21st, 2010, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
blackbat

Default New York advice

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:45:41 -0400, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

I am not sure about hotels, but try checking the popular travel-related
web sites such as priceline.com and expedia.com to see what's available.

Will do

There is a submarine museum in CT which is just off I95, and of course,
there's Mystic, which is a nice rustic town in CT. There is an area in
CT with outlet stores near I95. I forget the details though, but google
for "CT Outlet stores" or something like that and you'll find the
details.

Thanks - this is very useful.
Although don't say "of course" I know absolutely nothing about that
stretch of coastline :-)
Mystic sounds nice.
Seems there are large outlets at Clinton and Westbrook.
What other towns are of interest along this coastline?
BTW very roughly, how long would it take to drive from NYC to Mystic?
Google suggests 3.5 hours in traffic.
Would Mystic be a good place to base ourselves for a week and take day
trips out?
Any areas good for a swim? I guess the water's gonna be cold though.

In NYC, you can stay in the Times Square area, no problem and you'll be
close to lots of sites by subway or walking. If you haven't taken the
kids to see the Empire State Building's observation deck, do it, but do
it at dusk. A walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and around Battery Park is
always nice if the weather is nice. Of course, there's the Statue of
Liberty and Ellis Island. If your kids enjoy zoos, don't miss the
Central Park Zoo.

Thanks - duly noted.
--

blackbat /\x/\