Old February 14th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default Paris airport

skep wrote:
After my tour in UK, our plan is to take the eurostar to Paris
arriving at Gare du Nord station around 4pm. Hope to save some money
by taking the metro to the airport, store luggage there, go back to
the city to do some sightseeing, return to the airport around 10pm,
spend the night at the airport until the next morning, go for
breakfast, then early check-in for the 12 hour international flight
home at 11am. Has never spent a whole night at an airport. Is it going
to be tough?

Your enemies are noise and cold. Cold is solved by staking a claim early
enough that you're not near a door. Noise is solved by earplugs, and while
those are dangerous if you've got a quiet alarm clock and an early flight,
your flight is late enough that it won't matter. By 6am there will be so
much traffic that you can't really sleep anymore anyway, and that leaves you
4 hours before you have to worry about the flight.

Other than all that, it's fine. An awful lot of people do it. The good seats
(comfy and without armrests breaking them up, so you can lie down) go early
at most airports. If you don't get one of those, it's either a carpeted spot
on the floor, or stretching out in a chair.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/