Old August 28th, 2008, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

Default Renting an apt month ot month in a beach area

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article
,
" wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking of going somewhere (not sure where, maybe hawaii) for a
month or two to do some surfing and snorkelling. If i'm staying for wo
months, i don't want to be paying 100 dollars a day for a hotel room,
i'd like to find an apartment to rent month to month, somewhere near
the beach. anyone know where on the web I can find listings for
something like this or where I should search? Looking to pay about 1k
a month.

Renting an apartment short-term at any popular vacation area will only
be cost-effective if you share the apartment with a few other people. I
have a close friend who owns a rental condo on the beach in NJ and he
rents it out for something like like $1,100 per week if I remember
correctly. Its right on the beach and its in a multi-unit building with
a private pool for residents of the building and it sleeps six.

Penny Realty in San Diego does vacation rentals. A;so check Craigs list for
the region you want.