Old April 16th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Joe

Default Los Angeles Wilshire Boulevard

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , Joe
wrote:

Will be arriving in Los Angeles on Friday 23rd April and we will be

staying
at the Radisson Wilshire Plaza Hotel on Friday and Saturday. Here is my
problem:
I am looking for a mic for a JVC camcorder which can only be purchased

in
the States at the moment. So I have just a few hours to find a Camcorder
Store that stocks JVC equipment. Could any of you kind Los Angeles folks
suggest a store near to 3515 Wilshire Boulevard where I can buy the mic.
Many thanks,

Radio Shack (on the web) will list location and will have a mic for a
camcorder.. its just a "mini-plug" right ?

High end mics can be found at Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd and many,
many other places.

jay
Fri Apr 16, 2004

Many thanks for your help. Unfortunately its not a mini-plug mic. There is
some kind of electronic socket which is the width of the shoe on top of the
camcorder. The one I'm after could be JVC MZV3U . I would like to try it
out in the store to see if its the right one. Also to see if when attached,
that the mic does not come into view when I zoom out. The camcorder is the
JVC GR-DVP9EK which is very small but expensive. I want to thank PeterL for
his help also and will be phoning the numbers he gave me.
Joe