Old February 9th, 2015, 06:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default large cash hotel payment

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 07:23:50 -0800 (PST), marc4ucb
wrote:

I will be staying in a hotel in
Florence that wants payment in cash on arrival.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Try calling or e-mailing the hotel, explaining your problem, and
asking if they would accept three or four payments on successive days
rather than all at once on arrival.

If they say no, if it were me, I would switch to a different hotel.

I think I'd be inclined to do that from the start! You generally have
to provide your credit card when you register, so they can check its
validity before you move in. Why would they need cash unless they're
trying to avoid paying taxes or something?