Old August 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default Cell phone for European travel

On 21 Aug 2013 06:32:30 GMT, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote in post :
:

I start wondering...have you guys ever actually tried to get across the
pond as a US citizen and buy/register a new SIM in Western Europe?

No, have you?

But I have, very recently, bought 3 "vertragsfrei" SIM cards here without
any documentation or anything. It is clear I am not local, from my accent.
Instantly. No-one would ever know you're American. You can even buy
contract-free SIM cards at (some) supermarket checkouts here - though I
have never done that.

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.