Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Jordi wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:
eetinBelgië wrote:

Saudi Arabia hopes to attract a million visitors a year with the help
of a new tourism visa.

Eighteen approved tour operators in the kingdom have begun offering
visa services as part of a series of tourism initiatives announced last
week at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai. The Saudi government is
also to begin issuing permits for tour guides from next month.

I bet that people will be lining up to go to a country that has
previously barred tourists and keeps foreign workers in housing
compounds partly for their own safety and partly to stop them from
polluting Saudis with their infidel beliefs.

That's not true for cities like Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam. While I was
there I could freely roam anywhere I wanted to.

Are you a woman?

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org