Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Default Traveling in UK and Germany - where to rent car?

Am Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:23:08 -0400 schrieb Brian:

I will be traveling in UK and Germany and am trying to figure out if I
should rent a car in Germany or UK. I will be driving more in Germany and
was thinking I would rent in Germany. But will that pose any problems in UK
(i.e. steering wheel on left side)?

Why you want to pay all that money to ship a rent car back and forth
between UK and Germany?
When in Germany you rent a German car, and in the UK you rent another
UK-car. It will end up cheaper than paying the ferry or Eurostar for the
car, and you have no hassle with the rental-company or insurance.

Regards,

Frank