Old October 31st, 2003, 08:17 AM
nightjar

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

"Robert" wrote in message
m...
Oh, yea? Then why is royal watching so popular with the masses.

It is popular enough to sell newspapers at the low end of the market in the
UK, but then so are football, scandal, government sleaze and women with
naked breasts. I don't think it is even that prominent in the rest of
Europe, where the royals may have a day job in an office. The royal watchers
are a bit like the super-fans that pop or film stars generate. A bit wierd,
but mostly harmless.

People
would do anything to get to meet royalty.

None that I know would even particularly interested.

But if you go about it the
right way you can do it.

That is true. A chap I know met King Juan Carlos of Spain a few times. He
maintained Cigarettes - the high powered boats used by cigarette smugglers -
and King Carlos used to have him service his power boat too.

Colin Bignell