Old February 9th, 2015, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
marc4ucb

Default large cash hotel payment

I will be staying in a hotel in
Florence that wants payment in cash on arrival. This hotel is highly recommended in Rick Steves and Lonely Planet. On a normal stay this would be no problem. But I will be staying ten days. This will be more than 1,120 Euros. Arriving with this much cash is not simple. ATMs have much lower limits. The only way I can think of is to get the cash at bank in the US before I leave and carry it with me. Of course that means paying pretty steep fees to a bank in the US. Also, most banks around me do not have international currency exchanges. I will need to drive 35 miles to a near by city.. I am also not thrilled about carrying that much cash on me.
Does anyone have some suggestions?