Old March 16th, 2013, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default What is your favorite European megalithic? (other than Stonehenge)

Surreyman wrote:

[]
Wadi Rum: In 'our day' you could fix an overnight with the Jordanian
Desert Patrol, with camel treks through the wadis. Now, you probably have
5* hotels & 4WD - I don't know! :-))

If you're still reading, we're closer to an itinerary. No hotels booked
yet (availability seems fine) but probably Tel Aviv for the first 3
nights (we arrive on the Thursday and travel on the sabbath is
problematic) then fly to Eilat, but stay in Taba (Sinai) 3-4, then to
Jordan, finally to Jerusalem. So, St. Catherine's is definitely on the
list, then Petra and Wadi Rum. We're looking into staying in a tent at
Wadi Rum.

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)