Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Keith Anderson

Default Rhein ferry information

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:42:15 -0400, "Suzan"
wrote:

Well my German is not all that good, but it from the site (Thanks for the
link) it appears that the ferries do go back and forth continuously, between
the stated hours -- is that correct?

Yes - with the Bingen-Rüdesheim foot-passenger ferry(for example) ,
you shouldn't have to wait for more than about 20 minutes.

As well as passenger and car ferries, plus the KD passenger services
up and down the river, as well as local boat companies offering "there
and back" excursions, there's a railway both sides of the river with
hourly interval services.

Have fun!

"Keith Anderson" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:50:18 -0400, "Suzan"
wrote:

Do the ferries that run between towns on the Rhein (between St. Goar and

St.
Goarhausen, or between Bingen and Rudesheim, for example), run back and
forth continously, or is there a set schedule with just a few crossings

per
day? Fares? Do these ferries all accomodate cars? I am assuming these
ferries are separate from the boats that cruise up and down the river --

have those schedules. I am just wondering how easy -- or not -- it will

be
to get from one town to another across the river as we explore.

Hope you've got a bit of German ...........

http://www.bacharach.de/german/code/aktivvg/pg2.html

if you go to this site and scroll down, there are timetables for most
of the "Fähre" (ferries) across the river.

The St Goar-St Goarshausen ferry is foot passengers + cars/buses:
Bingen-Rüdesheim has separate ferries for vehicles and foot
passengers.