Old March 26th, 2006, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Kaliningrad: from Russian relic to Baltic boom town

Des Small wrote:

"Frank F. Matthews" writes:

You snipped too soon: later in the article - which I read on a dead
tree or an Interweb, but I've forgotten where - it is outpointed that
Kalininininingrad benefits very precisely from a more relaxed than a
visa entrance condition.

A totalitarian outpost on the edge of a free empire has no purpose.

Gloop gloop gloop to you too, for sure.

Des

I managed to see the note that Kalingrad has some special documents for
access to neighbors. As noted though as the neighbors try to join
Schengen this will go. I haven't seen anything about easier access to
Kalingrad for foreigners.

The only real modification that may be stable is for somewhat easier
travel from Russia (non Kalingrad) to Russia (Kalingrad) and the reverse.