Old December 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Default Dec 2012 Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Review

On 12/30/12 6:11 AM, in article , "Bill"
wrote:

Tipping: During previous cruises we had changed from cash tipping
to automatic tipping. Our dining and stateroom staff have no way of
knowing is we just said we automatically tipped or we indeed
automatically tipped.

Do you know for a fact that the staff does not know who is on automatic
tipping, even at the end? I don't know one way or the other, just
asking. Is it that big a deal? You can tell them you're on automatic
tipping and they should believe you.

On the Adventure I think they know, as the cabin steward thanked us on
departure (actually in the middle of a btb). Of course he could also have
figured it out by looking at the onboard account statement.

How is the Diamond lounge on Allure and Oasis? All day cappuccino? Not too
crowded?