Old November 24th, 2011, 08:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lydia Binn

Default My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

In message , Richard Greene
writes
On 11/23/11 2:39 PM, in article , "Tom K"
wrote:

You have any friends who are lawyers who'd do a favor for you?

Have them send a letter to Carnival on their legal letterhead.

That's not necessary. It wasn't Carnival's or the crews fault for the
noise.

Yes it was Carnival's fault. They did not exercise their duty of care
and allowed the nuisance to happen.

I did not realize that Carnival are a budget or low end cruise line in
the US as someone else suggested but it makes no difference, they are
just as responsible for ensuring you have a good experience as the top
cruise line in the world.

There was no buffer between the decks. I just wanted them to
acknowledge the defect. I did not request or expect any compensation at
all, if you want to call 10% and $80 compensation.

They see it as compensation and I'll bet they see it as "full and final
settlement" too!

The bottom line is we pay for services and we expect what we pay for and if
we don't get it and don't complain, it will continue to get worse. When my
steak arrives at my table not as I ordered it, it goes back to the kitchen
until they get it right or I don't pay for it because I didn't eat it. I
used to be a chef part time and I expected food to be returned to me to be
done right if in fact I didn't get it right the first time. I learned a lot
because of it.

Good for you, at least you are prepared to complain. Whether or not you
seek damages and/or compensation is up to you at the end of the day. If
I feel it is necessary, I go for it.

--
Lydia