Old November 24th, 2011, 02:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

On 11/24/11 3:35 AM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:44:09 -0600, Janet wrote:

It appears to me that any cruise line that would put a passenger cabin
in an area exposed to such noise would be more interested in revenue
than in passenger satisfaction.

Is there a cruise line that *isn't* more interested in revenue than passenger?

Maybe revenue is always in first place in terms of interest (or perhaps
after safety which is government mandated), but whether you put
passenger satisfaction in second place or way down on the list will make
a difference.

The first night on our HAL Alaska cruise, there was an intermittent
buzzing sound (from some electrical equipment) that I could hear in my
cabin. It would come on for like 30 seconds, and then be off for 60
seconds. It kept me from falling asleep. When I called the purser's
desk they sent someone right over. Then they called on the cell phone
and maintenance/engineering came over. When they couldn't immediately
see the problem they let me sleep in a different cabin (an inside cabin
for an entertainer who was joining the ship the following day). By the
next day I was back in my regular cabin with the problem corrected.

They showed they were interested in passenger satisfaction, and I ended
up happy.