Old February 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default What is your favorite European megalithic? (other than Stonehenge)

Surreyman wrote:

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:20:24 PM UTC, David Horne wrote:

[]
Ah, good tip. A little OT but we're visiting Israel/Jordan in April and

I'd wondered about spending a night in Petra just for that...

[]
Do it - an experience we've never forgotten. It gives you time, too, to
get up onto the heights (Monastery etc.) where the guided tours never go -
in fact they rarely get beyond the amphitheatre a third of the way along
the valley! More than happy to discuss further if you wish.

Still doing a bit of research. Flying to Tel Aviv from Mancester, then
after a few days plan to fly to Eilat, but will probably stay in Aqaba
instead, 3-4 days, beach stuff/relaxation. Would make sense to stay in
Petra on the way up north, looking to have a somewhat circular trip
(e.g. Dead Sea) ending in Jerusalem, then back to airport etc.- 14 night
trip, would prefer not to stay in more than 5 different hotels. Public
transport/taxi only. It's all a bit undecided at the moment, other than
the dates of the flights to/from Tel Aviv.

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)