Old March 9th, 2013, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default What is your favorite European megalithic? (other than Stonehenge)

On 2013-02-19 14:21:19 -0600, Paul Aubrin said:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:08:37 -0600, Dan Stephenson wrote:

http://stepheda.com/Scotland_2004_Me...way_Broch.html

So: this is probably my favorite megalithic site, because of the mystery
behind it and its uniqueness. Does anyone have an explanation for it?

What is your favorite megalithic in Europe? And why? Other than
Stonehenge, that is -- that could be an easy choice already.

Carnac, Gavrinis.

http://www.brittanytourism.com/disco...rittany/carnac

http://noe-education.org/D125.php

That looks fantastic. I heard about there being megalithics in
Brittany. How overall widespread are they, and, what is the scenic
drive like? Specifically, would it make a good two week vacation to
scenic-drive, connecting megalithic sites?

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com