Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default SIM Cards

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article me.nl,
Frank Slootweg says...

Be *specific*. AFAICT there is no number called "hotline" and what the
heck does "in theory" mean?

yawn

Yes, your side-stepping becomes very boring. And so does your silent
snipping of counter arguments. You're not very good at this debating
stuff, are you?

If you call the *right* number, i.e. the number in the supplied
documentation (You *did* actually *read* the instructions, didn't you?)
you get connected to an *automated* response system. AFAIR, the *whole*
procedure is automated, so I doubt that the *computer* had a holiday.

Once again: even the kiosk owner who checked with Vodafone confirmed
that the hotline of Vodafone was not operational on that day.

As I said, there *is* no such line and even if there were, it's not
*needed* for *activation*, because the *automated* system works just
fine.

And yes, I called the right number.

Which *is*?

Sigh! I didn't say that he *asked* for an address, but that you have
no way of knowing if he *supplied* an address or not.

What the clerk does is 100% irrelevant, as long as a foreigner does not
have to supply an address which he/she does not have.

It's *fully* relevant. That you're to clueless to comprehend that
isn't our problem.

After my earlier responses I read a bit of your 'travelogue', of your
*first* trip of no less than *eight* days. I think I've seen (more than)
enough! Let's hope for the Aussies' (and my) sake, that it was your
*last* trip as well.

Sigh. Take it easy and relax for a while. I just reported what happened
with Vodafone in Australia.

If anyone one should relax, it's you. Your 'travelogue' is one big
whingeing session of someone who is clueless, ill prepared, etc..

By the way, one more post like this and I'll start filtering out your
posts.

Wow! I'm trembling in my wooden shoes! Anyway, I hope that this post
is sufficient.