Old May 17th, 2009, 01:13 AM posted to rec.travel.misc
[email protected]

Default Rejuvenated - back from the desert.

There were just 3 trees and nothing else. From horizon to horizon flat
stony desert in Australia’s Outback. Explorer Sturt in 1845: ‘...the
most cheerless and the most forbidding of any landscapes our eyes had
wandered over…' No Mcdonalds. No tourists. Not even electrons - no
internet.
I love that spot.
Used to months of re-active thinking following prompts from the
computer, my thoughts were at a loss. There was no command to obey, no
sound, no diversion whatsoever. A complete otherness. It scrubs your
brain.
Dog Rusty was lying down muzzle on a paw, his style when thinking
deep. Far away a heat haze flimmered upwards. It deleted the horizon,
made Heaven and Earth be one and Rusty grinned.
It took a while, then, clutter-free, my thoughts became their own
again. They leafed through some pages of the life I’ve lived - and
some not lived yet. They created doodles through no-mans-land. They
did what kiddies do: they daydreamed. Useless, simple and happy. Had
forgotten all about it.
I love the Stony Desert. It’s my head’s Recycle Bin.
(There is a short clip about it in the video section of my website. I
called it ‘Three Trees Dreaming’).
Cheers - Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature & Wilderness, Quotations and Geology