Old September 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Default Electricity Question

Hi Janet,
Cairns like rest of Australia is 240 volts US is 110 volts.
SO if your appliance is shown as multi voltage ie 110 - 240 then all you
will need is an adapter plug to go from US two round pin horizontally in
line TO the Australian 3 pin.
Lots of chargers are multi voltage so you may indeed be OK for the voltage
situation
Have a look at this site for the plug shape
http://www.accesscomms.com.au/Reference/powerplug.htm

If you cant buy an adaptor in US then you should be able to buy one in
Cairns (at least at the airport if not the town).regards
John H

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Will I need an electricity adapter in Cairns and at Ayers Rock to plug in
my battery charger for the rechargeable batteries for my camera? The
charger is United States-flavor electric.

TIA
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation